[Feature Question] Post-Posting Page

Users should come to the Embassy to make all suggestions, bug reports, complaints, and anything else relating to the forum itself. The Embassy Control staff will take all issues seriously. Or kill you. One of the two. Possibly both.
No-Life Loser

[Feature Question] Post-Posting Page

Post by 3278 »

All phpBB pages have this ridiculous interstitial page after you've posted that tells you that your post has been made, and gives you the option of either going back to the forum, or going back to the thread. On normal phpBBs, it hangs there for 5 seconds or so, and then takes you to the thread; on Bulldrek, it's always waited a much more brief time, and then taken you to the forum instead. This, along with the utter lack of flood protection, is intended to facilitate massive post-pumping, and to make it possible for me to keep up with hundreds of posts on Bulldrek while simultaneously largely performing my workday job. Obviously, we don't post in that kind of volume anymore, but it still saves time when replying to multiple threads.

My question is this: does anyone ever pick the other option on that interstitial page, or do you just let it automatically forward you to the forum?
Heavy_D
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Heavy_D »

I wait for that short while, since it then automatically refreshes the page and gives me an updated page, which I prefer over going back and sometimes getting stuck (happened with other php BB's I frequent).
It's lonely at the top. But it's comforting to look down upon everyone at the bottom.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

This makes me feel pretty liberated.