Error

Users should come to the Embassy to make all suggestions, bug reports, complaints, and anything else relating to the forum itself. The Embassy Control staff will take all issues seriously. Or kill you. One of the two. Possibly both.
Liniah
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Error

Post by Liniah »

I got this message when I tried to submit a post.

Error in posting

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' '', 1179783016, '412ad014', 0, 0, 0, 0)' at line 1

INSERT INTO phpbb_posts (topic_id, forum_id, poster_id, post_username, post_time, poster_ip, enable_bbcode, enable_html, enable_smilies, enable_sig) VALUES (7651, 1, , '', 1179783016, '412ad014', 0, 0, 0, 0)

Line : 418
File : /home/threetwo/public_html/bulldrek/includes/functions_post.php
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

You weren't trying to submit a post to, say, Word Association when this happened, were you? I just keep waiting for it to break. Worse.

Where were you trying to post to? Anyone else seeing this error?
Liniah
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Liniah »

Nope, it was in the sound off about somethign that sucked today thread. I tried again after I posted this and it worked just fine.
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Well, everyone keep an eye open. Things like this can be one-time glitches, but I'd also not like to find out the hard way that it was a harbinger of something bigger.

Something I don't really talk about is how fragile this board is. Pieced together from three codebases and databases, chunks of backups years old, with half a dozen bizarre modifications, administered by two people with very different styles and no communication with each other, with little pieces of chat spread liberally where you all can't see them, all of it mostly glued together with a thick dollop of bulldrek. It's a miracle it works at all, so I like to be cautious about errors when we see them.