Hey Control, can I ask a favour?

Users should come to the Embassy to make all suggestions, bug reports, complaints, and anything else relating to the forum itself. The Embassy Control staff will take all issues seriously. Or kill you. One of the two. Possibly both.
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Hey Control, can I ask a favour?

Post by Jestyr »

Can you shoot me the PHP code for the View Next Topic/View Previous Topic links at the top right of each topic page? I run a phpBB-based forum elsewhere (for my MMO guild, actually) and I'd love to implement those links.
__
Jeff Hauze: Wow. I think Jestyr just fucking kicked my ass.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

There shouldn't be any PHP code required, as...hey, wait a minute. I just looked at Animalball, and they have the links in the upper-right, as well. Are you looking for the ones in the lower-right?

I was going to say, there shouldn't be any PHP required, because viewtopic.php already generates those links for the upper-right. I put them in the lower-right, as well, since most people exit a topic from the bottom, not the top. The code for that is absolutely identical to the code for the one at the top, and goes in viewtopic_body.tpl:

Code: Select all

Find:
  {POLL_DISPLAY} 

Before, insert:

<tr align="right"> 
	<td class="catHead" colspan="2" height="28"><span class="nav"><a href="&#123;U_VIEW_NEWER_TOPIC&#125;" class="nava">&#123;L_VIEW_PREVIOUS_TOPIC&#125;</a> 
	  &#58;&#58; <a href="&#123;U_VIEW_OLDER_TOPIC&#125;" class="nava">&#123;L_VIEW_NEXT_TOPIC&#125;</a> &nbsp;</span></td>
  </tr>
Now, that'll generate the bar on top, if you don't already have it. To put one in at the bottom, the same code goes in just before the end of that same table. I'd quote lines, but it won't help much, since our viewtopic is not like other viewtopics.

Does that help?
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

This is all standard fare for phpBB. I'm guessing she's using modified BB scripts and wants to recreate the same effect.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

DV8 wrote:This is all standard fare for phpBB. I'm guessing she's using modified BB scripts and wants to recreate the same effect.
Who would remove those links? What kind of windowlicking moron would pull the next/previous topic links off viewtopic?

Oh. Wait. I took them off freespeech, didn't I? :D
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

I'm sure some windows are very tasty.

Anyway, thanks. I can't believe I was dozey enough to forget that they'd probably just been removed from the custom template on the forums I run. Duhhhh. Your input should be everything I need to reimplement it. :)
__
Jeff Hauze: Wow. I think Jestyr just fucking kicked my ass.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Excellent!