Errors involving the [glow] and [mb] tags.

Users should come to the Embassy to make all suggestions, bug reports, complaints, and anything else relating to the forum itself. The Embassy Control staff will take all issues seriously. Or kill you. One of the two. Possibly both.
Moto42
Wuffle Master

Errors involving the [glow] and [mb] tags.

Post by Moto42 »

I made a post using the [mb]Motion Blur[/mb] and [glow]Glow[/glow] tags but they didn't work.
It may just be that I am using FireFox. If so, you may mock me for being a furry.

Just for good measure I'll test the [flipv]Flipv [/flipv]and [fliph]Fliph [/fliph]tags here, all the tag names in this post should be demonstrating their effect.
Hello, I'm a signature VIRUS!
Copy me to your signature to help me grow.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Yeah, they're IE-only. It's amusing, because Bulldrek was written exclusively for IE: the mouseover link glow, a lot of tags, that sort of thing. Then I wrote freespeech for Firefox, including only basic support for IE-only features. But I could get away with that: no one used Firefox in Bulldrek's early days, and those who did were used to sites looking funny. Few of the freespeech users used IE, because they're high-end internet users. But looking at the stats for Bulldrek, it looks like a pretty mixed environment, heavy on the IE users.

We could pull the IE-only features, but that leaves them looking stupid for everyone. Or we could find a way to make them work on Firefox, but I'm not even sure you can do that. Advice, anyone?
Ampere
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Ampere »

Honestly, if it's only a few features that are wonky on Firefox...I wouldn't bother with it unless you're really bored. It's a small matter.
Quoth Drunken Master:
"When Colin Powell walks out of your cabinet because of doctrinal issues, you've got problems."
Quoth Moto42:
"Bulldrek, where love and appreciation are accompanied by a volley of gunfire."
Moto42
Wuffle Master

Post by Moto42 »

If it's a MAJOR problem, we (As in I or another firefox user) can whip up an add-on for firefox that will make these features work.
Hello, I'm a signature VIRUS!
Copy me to your signature to help me grow.
Ampere
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Ampere »

Moto42 wrote:If it's a MAJOR problem, we (As in I or another firefox user) can whip up an add-on for firefox that will make these features work.
Yup. Pretty much what I'm thinking.
Quoth Drunken Master:
"When Colin Powell walks out of your cabinet because of doctrinal issues, you've got problems."
Quoth Moto42:
"Bulldrek, where love and appreciation are accompanied by a volley of gunfire."