Known phpBB Issues

Users should come to the Embassy to make all suggestions, bug reports, complaints, and anything else relating to the forum itself. The Embassy Control staff will take all issues seriously. Or kill you. One of the two. Possibly both.
No-Life Loser

Known phpBB Issues

Post by 3278 »

[fixed] Smilies are completely broken on [bulldrek], and presumably in other templates.

[fixed] There is, again, no _ before sigs.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

If anyone sees any smilies that aren't working - in other words, a place where you see someone's written ":goatfuck" and it's not generating the goatfuck smilie, let me know. Apparently, there was no complete copy of the original smilies portion of the database, and I copied some bits from freespeech wrong [making all the smilies just their names, and not their filenames, in essence]. Fixed now, as is the "View more Emoticons" window issue which plagued us since 2002.
Liniah
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Liniah »

I have experienced the main page in the Bulldrek section refreshing strangely. I can't tell if this is the board or if it's my newly-working-again laptop acting up. I think it's when I post something and then it goes back to the main page, then I click on a topic, then I use my back button it reverts to an older page than when I made the previous post.
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

I've seen that too.
__
Jeff Hauze: Wow. I think Jestyr just fucking kicked my ass.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I'll keep my eyes open for it, but other than the normal issues of pulling something from cache instead of getting a new one [standard browser behavior when backing up], I haven't seen anything. Keep me posted, too.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

I'm not entirely sure the Who's Online section at the bottom of the front-page is working properly. It's telling me...
Who's online: In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 1 Hidden and 0 Guests | Most users ever online was 13 on 2007-04-25 03:14:41
Registered Users: None
...while I'm online. And I'm registered, I believe.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

DV8 wrote:I'm not entirely sure the Who's Online section at the bottom of the front-page is working properly. It's telling me...
Who's online: In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 1 Hidden and 0 Guests | Most users ever online was 13 on 2007-04-25 03:14:41
Registered Users: None
...while I'm online. And I'm registered, I believe.
Dude. :wideeyes I'm going to give you one chance to look that over again, before I start mercilessly taking the piss out of you.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

3278 wrote:Dude. :wideeyes I'm going to give you one chance to look that over again, before I start mercilessly taking the piss out of you.
I'm hidden? That would make sense. Well spotted. :)
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Liniah wrote:I have experienced the main page in the Bulldrek section refreshing strangely. I can't tell if this is the board or if it's my newly-working-again laptop acting up. I think it's when I post something and then it goes back to the main page, then I click on a topic, then I use my back button it reverts to an older page than when I made the previous post.
Actually, now that I think about it, there's a huge problem with pages being cached here, anyway, which has always screwed up the Read tags and so on. But I'm told the old Pragma No-cache thing doesn't always work anymore: does anyone know of a full solution that will cover all the major browsers?
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Try checking someone's profile and then choosing for "Personal Gallery of <insert name>" for a laugh. :)
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Yeah, there's Photo Album crap spread everywhere, and I didn't even have pieces of that part of the database, or any sign it was ever there. I have no idea how to go about removing it, although I'm hoping this week sometime to check out the pages themselves, find the version, locate the mod, and then simply undo it.

On the other hand, there's a lot to be said for reinstalling it, since WWA is less-than-optimal, but that's on user request and vote.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Forget it. I'm a boob.