Known Issues

Users should come to the Embassy to make all suggestions, bug reports, complaints, and anything else relating to the forum itself. The Embassy Control staff will take all issues seriously. Or kill you. One of the two. Possibly both.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

I can do a global replace, they'll just be some errant >s that become ]s if thats okay

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

Also, unless something is wonky on my end, [i] etc. is still borked, as depicted by Kitt's thread in SST.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

3278 wrote:
Kai wrote:There is a tarball of the original stuff, if you'd like I can extract out the template folders for those and rezip them for you.
Does the tarball include the whole content of the server, like, the db and your Winternight stuff and everything? 'Cause if it's just the whole Bulldrek site, how big is that? It shouldn't be all that big, I wouldn't think, and then I'd have all the everything, which should certainly be all I need.
How's this coming?
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Salvation122 wrote:<a href>, which is used in approximately every thread you ever posted in, ever.
That shouldn't be a problem. I can't think of a single exploit using the <a> tag, and it's an easy change, which falls under the "no changes which can't be redone or reversed simply" allowance.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

<b>Bold</b>
<i>Italics</i>
<a href="http://www.bulldrek.com/">a href</a>
<center>Center</center>
<font color="#985c78">The font tag</font>

Well, there's a list of things that ought to work, that don't. I thought Kai'd enabled <b> and [i], but Thorn's sig is still broken. I suspect it's because HTML still isn't enabled, which means we could add all the tags we want, and still nothing would work.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

<i>test</i>
<b>test</b>
<center>test</center>
<u>test</u>

Think your default posting options were set to 'Disable HTML in this post' :)

No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

No, HTML was not enabled when I made the post, which is why none of the HTML in people's sigs was working at the time. The "Options" field read:

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON

Which, of course, isn't set by the "Disable HTML in this post" checkbox, nor by the default in the Profile, which, in any case, wouldn't have been switched to disable HTML, since I hate BBCode and always use HTML when it's available. No idea why. I mean, it's the same, and brackets are easier to get to. No idea.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

So, we'll try again:

<b>Bold</b>
<i>Italics</i>
<a href="http://www.bulldrek.com/">a href</a>
<center>Center</center>
<font color="#985c78">The font tag</font>
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Well, that's everything but <a>, then. How do we feel about that?
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

3278 wrote:
Kai wrote:There is a tarball of the original stuff, if you'd like I can extract out the template folders for those and rezip them for you.
Does the tarball include the whole content of the server, like, the db and your Winternight stuff and everything? 'Cause if it's just the whole Bulldrek site, how big is that? It shouldn't be all that big, I wouldn't think, and then I'd have all the everything, which should certainly be all I need.
How's this coming?
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

As for the a href, there's lots of url exploits, I'd rather do a global replace for the [url] tag if it bothers people that much in old threads.

For the tarball, I'll try to get to that sometime this week.

No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Kai wrote:As for the a href, there's lots of url exploits...
I can't think of any that couldn't be executed with the [url] tag.
Kai wrote:I'd rather do a global replace for the [url] tag if it bothers people that much in old threads.
Well, we obviously have to fix it. It completely wrecks an awful lot of posts. Unless people just don't care if posts are wrecked, which seems pretty likely.
Kai wrote:For the tarball, I'll try to get to that sometime this week.
I'd appreciate that. Thanks.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Post interval timing is enabled. For instance, if you make a post and instantly edit it, you're told you can't post so soon after your last post. This has never been enabled, so I don't know why the switch is on now; perhaps a change in database format between the old version and the new.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

This is just a tarball, right? Is there a reason you can't just upload it to the server and give me a link to it? Do you need to extract files from it or something? I ask because it's been over a month since you offered to give me the backup, and almost two weeks since you said you'd try to do it "this week," and I just don't understand why it should take more than a few minutes of time to start the upload.

I know you're busy, and I know I said there was no rush, but I can see no reason this couldn't be accomplished in five minutes [plus whatever amount of time it might take to upload], and I really would appreciate it.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

IIRC its a 700mb file that's sitting on my desktop that may or may not be in any order as it was on the website, as it was probably done mid pitching of code elsewhere to shut down the site. It has all the code, all the files, all of the gallery pictures. The idea was to strip out that sort of stuff that's useless to you and upload what's left, but yeah, frankly I got other stuff that's much more important going on in my life right now. I'll put it up somewhere and you can sort through it on your own.

Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Oh and I turned Flood Control off too.

No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Kai wrote:The idea was to strip out that sort of stuff that's useless to you and upload what's left, but yeah, frankly I got other stuff that's much more important going on in my life right now. I'll put it up somewhere and you can sort through it on your own.
Absolutely! Don't waste your time trying to guess what'd be useful, since I can't even guess what'll be useful. :D I'll take the whole apple and nibble off what I need when I need it. Thanks!
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Okay, 592M. Its sitting at h[url]ttp://www.bulldrek.com/web.tar[/url]

No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Excellent. I have it. Thank you!