Template Fixes

Users should come to the Embassy to make all suggestions, bug reports, complaints, and anything else relating to the forum itself. The Embassy Control staff will take all issues seriously. Or kill you. One of the two. Possibly both.
Marius
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Template Fixes

Post by Marius »

In case it's something with a relatively easy fix, the current Winternight template is more or less unviewable in Opera. It shows up as light grey and white text on a white background.

And thanks for the supercool hard work you've done already.
There is then a need to guard against a temptation to overstate the economic evils of our own age, and to ignore the existence of similar, or worse, evils in earlier ages. Even though some exaggeration may, for the time, stimulate others, as well as ourselves, to a more intense resolve that the present evils should no longer exist, but it is not less wrong and generally it is much more foolish to palter with truth for good than for a selfish cause. The pessimistic descriptions of our own age, combined with the romantic exaggeration of the happiness of past ages must tend to setting aside the methods of progress, the work of which, if slow, is yet solid, and lead to the hasty adoption of others of greater promise, but which resemble the potent medicines of a charlatan, and while quickly effecting a little good sow the seeds of widespread and lasting decay. This impatient insincerity is an evil only less great than the moral torpor which can endure, that we with our modern resources and knowledge should look contentedly at the continued destruction of all that is worth having. There is an evil and an extreme impatience as well as an extreme patience with social ills.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

On a white...? Okay that's just plan weird :7 But yeah, there will definitly be work done on the template, it was only about 60-70% of what I would consider done when I shelved it. But obviously we'll need to do some significant Opera testing.

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I noticed the _ hack for sigs is back. [Point out how unobservant I am by telling me you did that a week ago! :)] Anyway, thanks! Looks tons better.

Now if people would just fix their sigs! :twisted: :D
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

heh, yeah, that was an actual code change instead of template, but its rather secure as the code already was appending '_________<br>' to the front of sigs

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.