Server downtime report

Users should come to the Embassy to make all suggestions, bug reports, complaints, and anything else relating to the forum itself. The Embassy Control staff will take all issues seriously. Or kill you. One of the two. Possibly both.
lanji
Tasty Human

Server downtime report

Post by lanji »

"We are looking into the cause of the recent downtime, and are in the process of changing some procedures due to what appears to be a human related problem.

Our appologies for the down time."

Just to let everyone know!

--
Lanji
--
Christopher Lange
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Thanks, was starting to get worried there :)

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay I give, who is Lanji?
lanji
Tasty Human

Post by lanji »

Christopher Lange, that's who!

I'm also the one that's been helping Kai out on the server stuff for a little while, and usually I just send her an e-mail when things had to be upgraded, or something's up with the server, but because everthing has been last minute these last two months thanks to the php hole, I thought I would save her some time by just posting the message here directly.
--
Christopher Lange
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Lanji is WT's upstream service provider if you want to be technical about it :) The guy who gets to call the colo and bitch at them after I call and bitch at him about the server being down :7

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
lanji
Tasty Human

Post by lanji »

“As many of you know the servers have been like a yo-yo over the last three days, up and down, up and down….

Fortunately the real cause of the problem has been identified thanks to the Apache access logs, and actions are being taken to fix the issue. As a temporary fix on the server I’ve blocked a few IP addresses that are directly related to the attacks on the server.

Further fixes are being reviewed at this time, and announcements will be made when those are ready for production.

Once again our apologies for any downtime as a result of these issues.”

Just to let everyone know, we are both working on this one, and hope to have the server restored to full dependability in the next few days. - Chris
--
Christopher Lange