Spam Accounts.

Users should come to the Embassy to make all suggestions, bug reports, complaints, and anything else relating to the forum itself. The Embassy Control staff will take all issues seriously. Or kill you. One of the two. Possibly both.
Serious Paul
Devil

Spam Accounts.

Post by Serious Paul »

If you were to get bored one night and start clicking through profiles, and for the sake of arguement let say it was ont he last page of the members list, you might notice a fellow or fellowette who seems to be generating accounts on a pretty regular basis that all have some sort fo link to some sort of Russian (I assume) website that looks like a cross between a search engine and some sort of spam advertisement.

Now who ever this is hasn't posted much so far. Most of the accounts have 0 for post counts. But it made me think. What is the boards reaction if someone abuses this? I mean I don't care about multiple accounts-I know I have a few, no where near what Dennis has of course, but what happens when it not someone just looking for a change of pace, or a roleplaying account? What happens if it becomes a problem?

Just curious.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

I've had that happen on my fora as well, but there's isn't much you can do about it with the exception of registration verification, that an account becomes active only after clicking on a link in an e-mail.