Security?

Users should come to the Embassy to make all suggestions, bug reports, complaints, and anything else relating to the forum itself. The Embassy Control staff will take all issues seriously. Or kill you. One of the two. Possibly both.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Security?

Post by Kai »

Just a general question, do you guys care if I keep up with security fixes for phpBB at all? Frankly upgrading this board is a royal pain in the ass given the pieces and parts that have deviated from standard releases and the hacks installed. If no one cares about code vulnerabilities I'm fine with leaving the thing the way it is, its not like the 2.0 release line will continue for much longer anyways.

goes back to updating boards at work

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I could care less about it. We've never had security problems in the past, and point upgrades usually cause us months of trouble as we try to sync up the new version with my old [weird, oddly-coded] mods. Seems like more trouble than it's worth, to me; the time would be better spent fixing problems we actually have.
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

I agree with 3278. Security has never been a big issue since we're a moderately isolated community. Might as well spend the time fixing the problems that we have rather than create new ones.
"I have a conundrum for you. A riddle if you will. What's the difference between you, and malard with a cold? I don't remember how it ends, but your mothers a whore." -"Sean Connery" Celebrity Jeopardy- SNL