Templates

Users should come to the Embassy to make all suggestions, bug reports, complaints, and anything else relating to the forum itself. The Embassy Control staff will take all issues seriously. Or kill you. One of the two. Possibly both.

Which template do you use?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:43 am

[bulldrek]
79%
[extract]
No votes
[inverted]
7%
[stripped]
14%
SubSilver
No votes

Total votes: 14
No-Life Loser

Templates

Post by 3278 »

As you may know, no templates other than [bulldrek] have been updated for the most recent version of phpBB; this means there are several errors in display and functionality in those other templates: for instance, there are no links to the photo album on [stripped] or [inverted] or any of the other non-default templates.

Template editing is pretty time-consuming, and the Control staff is not overflowing with time. I, however, find myself with a few extra hours at work during which I have nothing to do but wait for other people to do their part of the conversions I'm performing, meaning I might have enough time to do the edits necessary. Therefore, it would be helpful for all of us to know who uses which templates, so that we can remove - and not worry about supporting - those which are extraneous.

If you use more than one template, list the one besides [bulldrek] which you use most often; the [bulldrek] template isn't going away anytime soon, so we don't have to worry so much about that.

I will include the SubSilver template, though I do not believe anyone uses it, and I certainly wouldn't recommend it, since v1.0 uses an awful lot of features never intended to function with phpBB's default template, and I'm fairly certain at least one or two things would look or work like ass. Still, since it's possible someone uses it, I'd like to know.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I generally used stripped. I rarely use Bulldrek. I have never used extract, inverted, or heaven forbid the atrocity that is subsilver.
Liniah
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Liniah »

Veed and I both only use Bulldrek. (He doesn't usually check in Embassy, I don't think, so I figured I'd let you know.)
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

You mean there's other ways to view BD than the way it is? Sheesh...shows how much attention I pay. Even on the old PII 300 I viewed BD on [bulldrek] and had no issues, so I really never paid attention to anything else.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Based on the results of the poll, I would recommend we remove [extract], which we have a differing solution for anyway [and which has never been necessary, so far as I know]. I would like to continue supporting [stripped] and [inverted], since at least one person uses each. I think focus can certainly remain on [bulldrek], but I'm willing to work to bring the other two into full functionality, if no one minds.

So, can we remove [extract] and SubSilver? Does anyone mind if I bring the other two into compliance?
crone
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by crone »

I use Subsilver sometimes, when my eyes are tired. I don't need it updated, but I'd prefer if it wasn't removed.