[Bug] Search is broken.

Users should come to the Embassy to make all suggestions, bug reports, complaints, and anything else relating to the forum itself. The Embassy Control staff will take all issues seriously. Or kill you. One of the two. Possibly both.
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

[Bug] Search is broken.

Post by Salvation122 »

So, uh, yeah, search doesn't work. Regardless of information entered, it returns that nothing matched.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Um...works fine here, terms or by Author.

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

If you find it still doesn't work, Sal, why don't you give us your exact search parameters, and we'll see if one or more of us can't reproduce it. Might be temporary, might be a database thing, might be a browser thing, might be a server thing; we'll figure it out.
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

Hmm. Initially I was searching with the term "the" in order to find a particular user's account so I could PM them - before I realized that we've got an alphabetized userlist; I'm an idiot, see - and it returned null. Then I tried it using my name, and got the same results, as well as using "a" or "an" or ".". When I tried it just now with some other words, though, it worked properly. So I'm thinking maybe the database just filters extremely common strings to save room and time when searching, which is fine, since had I been intelligent I wouldn't ever actually need to run a search on "the."
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

There is, in fact, an exclusion list of very common words, such as a, and, and the. Good eye.