E-mail address issues.

Users should come to the Embassy to make all suggestions, bug reports, complaints, and anything else relating to the forum itself. The Embassy Control staff will take all issues seriously. Or kill you. One of the two. Possibly both.
Bishop
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

E-mail address issues.

Post by Bishop »

I seem to be having problems connection to the server. Adam told me the domain name was just "bulldrek.com". But it can't connect to that, apparently. Is there another issue here, or does it need a mail. in front of it, or what? Or am I doing something wrong.

I'm running Outlook Express under Win2K.
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Should be mail.bulldrek.com, actually, yes.

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Oooh. I wasn't able to get my email to set up, either. I will try that one when I get the computer set back up (just moved it to the new place.) Thanks. :)
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
Adam
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Adam »

did the mail.bulldrek.com thing just change? You just told me bulldrek.com, Kai. :)

I had assumed mail had been funky due to the server move over the last few days...
Bishop

Post by Bishop »

Well, yeah, over the last few days it wouldn't accept the password. (Nice, by the way, Adam.) But after we got back online, it told me "bulldrek.com" wasn't able to be found, or some such shit like that. But the mail.bulldrek.com works.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

If I did, that was my mistake :) Either www. or mail. works actually, but figure mail is more intellegent.

Bishop

Post by Bishop »

I keep on getting this message from Outlook Express:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'bulldrek.com', Server: 'mail.bulldrek.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Is this my end, or the other end? And what can be done to fix it?
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Uh...I don't use Outlook, so I don't know what that error is supposed to mean :/ Check and see if you can get into your mailbox through www.lanjiit.com/mail first to see if your mailbox is setup okay, and we'll go from there.

Bishop

Post by Bishop »

Well, it let me log in ok. I sent an e-mail to my hotmail account, but it came through on my bulldrek account???? Or so maybe I have the wrong password or something. Can that be changed and PMed? Or can I change it?
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

I so totally did not get that sentence there. I'm assuming you mean it let you log in, you sent a message to an address you have at hotmail that you check at home with Outlook and you recieved it?

If it let you log in, the mailbox is fine. That error might be something with Outlook being unable to connect to the bulldrek server for some reason, I honestly don't know, I've never used Outlook to know how it connects to mailboxes or anything. You might ask Sin as I know he uses Outlook with his domain's mail, I dunno what Jackal uses or the other people who got email accounts on Bulldrek.

Toon
Bulldrek Junkie
Location: Stuck to the grate right outside the sewage treatment plant.

Post by Toon »

I'm having a similar problem to Bishop. I am able to receive mail to my Bulldrek.com addy fine, but I can't seem to form a socket to send anything.
_There are some who say that Time is itself a hammer: that each slow second marks another tap that makes big rocks into little rocks, waterfalls into canyons, cliffs into beaches.
There are some who say that Time is instead a blade. They see the dance of its razored tip, poised like a venomous snake, forever ready to slay faster than the eye can see.
And there are some who say that Time is both hammer and blade.
They say the hammer is a sculptor's mallet, and the blade is a sculptor's chisel: that each stroke is a refinement, a perfecting, a discovery of truth and beauty within what would otherwise be blank and lifeless stone.
And I name this saying wisdom.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Ah, if you can't send, likely its because the server does require you to check your mail before sending, there should be a checkbox or something for that.

Toon
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Toon »

Kai wrote:Ah, if you can't send, likely its because the server does require you to check your mail before sending, there should be a checkbox or something for that.
A checkbox? Where?

Are you sertain that mail.bulldrek.com is the SMTP server to send mail through?

No matter what I've tried I still get:
The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.bulldrek.com', Server: 'mail.bulldrek.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
Whenever I try to send mail. I receive without problem.
_There are some who say that Time is itself a hammer: that each slow second marks another tap that makes big rocks into little rocks, waterfalls into canyons, cliffs into beaches.
There are some who say that Time is instead a blade. They see the dance of its razored tip, poised like a venomous snake, forever ready to slay faster than the eye can see.
They say the hammer is a sculptor's mallet, and the blade is a sculptor's chisel: that each stroke is a refinement, a perfecting, a discovery of truth and beauty within what would otherwise be blank and lifeless stone.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

All I can tell you is what works in Eudora. Set the incoming and outgoing servers to mail.bulldrek.com, check the little checkbox that askes "Check mail before sending?", turn off authentication or make it at least "If available, start X" and it all works fine.

Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

Eudora? Good gods. That program does not work with my SBC account at all. Neither does Outlook, for some screwball reason.
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
Toon
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Toon »

Well I'm not getting either Eudora or Outlook to work and I don't have time to futz with it any more right now. Have a print to finish getting running.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Given the lack of common ground here, we are resorting to pictures and hand-waving

Here's my Eudora settings that work.
[align=center]

Image[/align]