Sig Question

Users should come to the Embassy to make all suggestions, bug reports, complaints, and anything else relating to the forum itself. The Embassy Control staff will take all issues seriously. Or kill you. One of the two. Possibly both.
Liniah
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Sig Question

Post by Liniah »

Ok, so I wanted to change the font in my sig. I switch the font name in the code, and nothing changes. What's going on and how can I change it? Thanks for the help!
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Well, I, for one, don't have the "Poor Richard" font on my machine, and I doubt anyone else does, either. You'll want to pick a font everyone has.
Liniah

Post by Liniah »

I tried a bunch of them I found listed in Word. I thought anything you had in Word would work? I tried like 5 different ones and none worked.
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
Adam
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Adam »

The list of fonts that Word shows includes every font on your system.
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

common fonts include Verdana, Courier (New), Times (New) Roman, Andale Mono, Garamond, Helevitica, Arial (New), Georgia, (Sans) Serif, Century Gothic, and...I can't think of any more, really.
"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing left to pursue." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Liniah

Post by Liniah »

I tried Courier New and Century Gothic. Does my sig look Century Gothic now? That's what it's set to. The Courier New deffinately didn't work.
Liniah

Post by Liniah »

Ok, so this is supposed to be Courier New. Does it look like it to anyone? Not to me. Am I doing something wrong? And the additionally anoying part is, I know I've gotten it to work in the past. :mad
Anguirel
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Anguirel »

The font tag is deprecated anyways. <a href="http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Guide/Style.html">Use CSS</a>. It should work inline, I think, maybe. It's a bit ugly for use under these exact circumstances, I guess...

I was about to say I don't know why it's not working, but I do. CSS is over-riding it, for unknown reasons (or even possibly well-known and absolutely correct ones). I attempted to change fonts using a local style tag in the form of both div and span, but it doesn't seem to want to work. :(
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

The worst part is, it /should/ work. Let me keep poking.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Still working! This is a very busy weekend for me, apparently. I'll probably work out some easy, generic CSS that anyone can use and post that, so you're not the only person with a solved problem. But it'll take some time, and apparently I don't have much of that.
Liniah

Post by Liniah »

So, I was trying some things tonight with my sig. I had been looking over HTML basics the other day, not relating to this, just in general. (I actually was looking at the web page mentioned above before it was mentioned.) Also, Adam was helping me a bit when I was fucking around with my sig. He gave me yet another page to check out. I tried looking at the code of some other people's sigs and that didn't help me either. I can't get it to work. I can not make the font change. (Like I said before, it used to work how I have it now, but at some point it stopped. Don't know when exactly.) But, yeah, tried some things that Adam said and tried some other things and I don't know what to do. 32, did you check things out yet?