Photo Album!

Users should come to the Embassy to make all suggestions, bug reports, complaints, and anything else relating to the forum itself. The Embassy Control staff will take all issues seriously. Or kill you. One of the two. Possibly both.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Photo Album!

Post by Kai »

Wow, nothng blew up. Sweet :) Anyway, see the little linky in the upper right that says Album? Yeah, click on it. There's catagories for general albums, and a link to your personal album, and user albums in general, at the bottom. You can enter comments, upload pics, etc, you can play with the commenting system in my album here, I'll still poking at how admining the genral albums works, I think its by usergroup. If so, where are those volunteers for WWA?

You get the fun and enjoyment of downloading and re-uploading all the pics we currently have in the Gathering albums :) I think people can figure out how to re-uplaod their own pics into WWA.

Oh, and comment about any info, you think we ought not to display, too
Last edited by Kai on Thu May 06, 2004 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

Nice. One thing I will suggest is getting a BD version of the 'upload pic' button 'cause that white one just looks ugly.
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Can you also make the table 90%, like the rest of Bulldrek?
Thorn
Wuffle Student

Post by Thorn »

Dude! This is awesome! And I live the user albums, too. I imagine we'll be getting rather a lot of mileage out of that once Boltie and Grinder arrive! :D
_<font color=red size=2>Just wait until I finish knitting this row.</font>
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

I propose increasing space for Caz and Thorn to 1Gb of space. That way, we all can go awwwww over every pictures that they post of Boltie and Grinder :)

Yeah...that was shameless, but we all know how often parents take pictures of babies. Particularly first babies.
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

FlameBlade wrote:Yeah...that was shameless, but we all know how often parents take pictures of babies. Particularly first babies.
And that number gets doubled since the "first baby" is actually twins.
"I have a conundrum for you. A riddle if you will. What's the difference between you, and malard with a cold? I don't remember how it ends, but your mothers a whore." -"Sean Connery" Celebrity Jeopardy- SNL
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Yeah, need to fix the table sizes. And the upload image. And 1GB is all the space Bulldrek has, so as much as I think pics of Boltie and Grinder would be cool, I like the actual board better ;)

FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

:D
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
Thorn
Wuffle Student

Post by Thorn »

Kai wrote:Yeah, need to fix the table sizes. And the upload image. And 1GB is all the space Bulldrek has, so as much as I think pics of Boltie and Grinder would be cool, I like the actual board better ;)
Hee hee. Fear not - we're hardly the photo-freaks that Cash is. While of course we're going to share pics, I don't know that we're going to take all /that/ many.... ;)
_<font color=red size=2>Just wait until I finish knitting this row.</font>
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

I'll spare y'all my ugly mug. No need to thank me.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Then who is that in the album? Your doppleganger? :p
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

Twin brother Rico. He wanted in. :cute
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

I have some random photos I would like to put up from various gatherings/GenCon. Should I go ahead and post them or will there be a sub-category developed for gatherings other than 2001 and 2002?
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

I suppose we ought to add some more, at least one for GenCon 03, do we want one for like Pauls Barabaques, and then random mini-gatherings?

MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

If we had those three categories, it would cover all of the pics I wanted to post. :)
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

Kick ass! The pictures of the BDers from the paintball game this weekend are definitely going up there!
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I am with Deev on this. I'd like the page lay out t match the rest of the joint if we can! :D
WillyGilligan
Wuffle Trainer

Post by WillyGilligan »

So, how would wone reduce a digital picture to get it within the size limits? I'm not terribly bright about these things.
Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, become critics. They also misapply overly niggling inerpretations of Logical Fallacies in place of arguing anything at all.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Two things....

Is there a quick link to the album that I'm totally not seeing cause I'm an idiot?

Is there a way to see the comments and the full picture? If you click on comments, you just get the thumbnail, if you click on the thumbnail you just get the picture. Is that possible to do, or would it require too much coding and/or space?
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

WG: A graphics editing program that can resize images, I think basic Windows Imaging can do that.

Moo: Upper right, last line of links above Account Switch, after 'View your posts' is a little link that says Album.

[edit] - doh, maybe not, forgot that since I wasn't sure what would blow up, I only added the template code into the bulldrek template. Will fix that too.

As for full pics with comments, I suppose its possible in theory, but not even the current stuff works that way. Problem is is your going to have this huge page to scroll in both directions if you display the full pic and the comments. Though it should open full pics in a popup (hint for Google toolbar users to disable it for Bulldrek) so you can view and see the comments in the main page.

And wow does that comment layout suck :) I'll try to make it, well, less sucky and shift the tables into 90% like the rest of the board. And fix the arc links. And add those other catagories. Yeah.

sinsual
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by sinsual »

Is it possible to make the pic load like its a thread? with comments underneath? So you have a "thread title/pic title" like on the forums. Click the title and the pic shows with a reply button for comments that reads just like a regular forum thread...? Or am I asking too much?

(edit: fixed the problem on my own)
www.evieshope.com
No infant should have Eye Cancer...
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

I honestly don't know. I've never looked at the guts of this mod. I can tell you that if it could be done, it will be several weeks more like a couple months before I can do it. I have a couple other projects that need my attention right now. If someone wants to step up and muck with the phpBB code great, though I've noticed no one has really done anything with OpenBoard :7

Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

For what its worth thanks. Looking cooler every day!
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Yeah Kai, thanks.

Stupid questions: Do the pics stay in the same order they are uploaded in? Or do they move to the front when someone makes a comment? Is there a way to say when the last comment was? Or to have new tags pop up?
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Ah...I think they stay in the order posted, and its says when comments were made already

Adam
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Adam »

I move for a Misc Crap folder, so people don't post Misc Crap in the other folders.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

That's what personal albums are for, as soon as someone wants to volunteer to moderate the photo albums, they can start enforcing stuff vs crap.

Toon
Bulldrek Junkie
Location: Stuck to the grate right outside the sewage treatment plant.

Post by Toon »

Kai wrote:That's what personal albums are for, as soon as someone wants to volunteer to moderate the photo albums, they can start enforcing stuff vs crap.
I volunteer to be the photo album moderator.
_There are some who say that Time is itself a hammer: that each slow second marks another tap that makes big rocks into little rocks, waterfalls into canyons, cliffs into beaches.
There are some who say that Time is instead a blade. They see the dance of its razored tip, poised like a venomous snake, forever ready to slay faster than the eye can see.
And there are some who say that Time is both hammer and blade.
They say the hammer is a sculptor's mallet, and the blade is a sculptor's chisel: that each stroke is a refinement, a perfecting, a discovery of truth and beauty within what would otherwise be blank and lifeless stone.
And I name this saying wisdom.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

w00t! So, anyone have objections on abusing Toon's goodwill and letting him be responsible for the photo album? :D

Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Nope.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Oh, thank god. AYE!
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Wow some one was dumb-*cough*-good willed enough to take responsibility for something at Bulldrek? Join the other suckers-erm-Admins out back-ahem-in the Embassy! :lol
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

Photo album go boom. For some reason none of the photos are displaying- I just get empty boxes- and if you try clicking on them instead of the picture coming up in the seperate window, it just says 'Not Authorised'. :/
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Yeah, futzing with getting Toon the permissions he needs, there will be temporary wonkiness

JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

I'm resurrecting this thread because I just noticed something. I was visiting the Album to see if anything new was posted, or if there were any funny new comments, and I spotted this:

You last visited on Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:13 am
The time now is Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:32 pm

Now, that little message was tucked in the top left hand of the screen, tucked just underneith the six main links (the main page, Support Site, WWA, Gathering, Links, and Fiction).

You know what? That's damn nifty. And now, back to our regularly scheduled silence.
"I have a conundrum for you. A riddle if you will. What's the difference between you, and malard with a cold? I don't remember how it ends, but your mothers a whore." -"Sean Connery" Celebrity Jeopardy- SNL
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Heh, yeah, thats actually part of the vanilla phpBB code, somewhere along the line it got yanked from the main site's code it seems :)