Disregard. I'm a loser.

Users should come to the Embassy to make all suggestions, bug reports, complaints, and anything else relating to the forum itself. The Embassy Control staff will take all issues seriously. Or kill you. One of the two. Possibly both.
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Disregard. I'm a loser.

Post by Salvation122 »

Fixed it myself.
Cypherpunk
Tasty Human

Post by Cypherpunk »

* Deev comes in to recycle the thread...

Would it be possible to get a [spoiler] tag like they do on DSF? Now everyone's going about typing posts in a black font as a work-around, since apparently people can't help but read threads that say "Contains Spoilers!" in the subject and still not expect parts of...whatever to be given away, and that solution is far from cross-template perfect.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Well...what do you want a spoiler tag to do exactly? We can make the text the same color as the background, have some global switch per user that says show or hide spoilers, or maybe some big spoiler image with long tool tips, I mean I kinda don't read the threads or posts that say spoiler if I don't want to know so not sure what exactly it is people want.

Oh, and a wonderful idea I had today, how would you all like to Font color box to be customizable? Like you get the default box with default colors, and all but the board text default, say 15 colors, you can edit to whatever color you like. I think it would be rather awesome myself.

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

Personally, people who go into Spoiler threads and have something spoiled due to what other people said are... well... stupid. Although I like the idea of having a universal spoiler tag that works for all of the different versions of BD. So no matter what version of BD you use, the spoiler tag works in all of them. Does that make sense?

OoOOoo... more font colors!!! YAY! More emoticons too please!
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Yes, makes sense, and any of the solutions would be cross-template, just not sure what the best method is for everyone.

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

The problem is that spoilers don't work quite the same here as they do on Dumpshock. On Dumpshock, the spoiler issue is: do I want to know about the contents of an upcoming Shadowrun book before I've read it? Yes|no? Sure, your answer /might/ be different from one book to the next, but probably not too often.

Whereas here, we spoil on anything and everything. I'm quite happy to read spoilers about the new Battlestar Galactica TV show, but if someone spoils Alias for me I'll be very upset. So a spoiler tag becomes useless if it's global, because either you can see /all/ spoilers (even the ones you really don't want to see) or /no/ spoilers (even the ones you don't care about. So I can see a whole lot of people setting their global spoilers setting to "yes" and then accidentally getting a lot more spoilers than they would under the current system.

Better, I think, to have a thread-by-thread spoiler tag. Something that either the thread starter can set, or something that's a post-by-post thing that every respondent can set. Then when you view a thread page, if there are spoilers in the thread, have a checkbox saying "view spoilers in this thread?" and let that toggle the display or lack of.
__
Jeff Hauze: Wow. I think Jestyr just fucking kicked my ass.