Bug Report :: front page log out

Users should come to the Embassy to make all suggestions, bug reports, complaints, and anything else relating to the forum itself. The Embassy Control staff will take all issues seriously. Or kill you. One of the two. Possibly both.
Liniah
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Bug Report :: front page log out

Post by Liniah »

Ok, I am now testing the site from my home PC. This didn't happen at school, but it has been happening here. Every time I go to the main page I get logged out. I logged in at the top, then I was logged out when it refreshed the page I think. I went to SST and tried to post and it told me I wasn't logged in. However, it was also registering that I had been because my name was in the user list at the bottom. I relogged in and made my post. I then went to check my messages. After that I went back to the main page and got logged out again. I went back to SST, relogged in and made some posts. Then, I went back to the main page and got logged out again. I came back to the Embassy and relogged in.

Edit: When I jump from forum to forum directly with the dropdown menu at the bottom I stay logged in. It's just the front page that logs me out.
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
Control
Bulldrekker

Post by Control »

Interesting. And this doesn't happen at school?

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
Liniah

Post by Liniah »

Nope, it did not happen at school and it's still happening here.

I think it's really weird that it logs me in then logs me out when it sends me back to the front page, even though I never really leave the front page.
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
Liniah

Post by Liniah »

I'm at school and everything is working fine. Any thoughts on this yet?
Control
Bulldrekker

Post by Control »

Liniah wrote: I'm at school and everything is working fine. Any thoughts on this yet?
Yes. It is possible that at home, your browser is set up to not accept cookies from bulldrek.com, which would mean the board software has to authenticate you in a radically different fashion, which can cause some problems. Please make certain your browser has cookies enabled, and if you are using IE6 at home, please let me know; some more special changes may need to be made.
Liniah

Post by Liniah »

How do I check the cookie thing? Also, why would Bulldrek be the only thing to not work if if was teh cookie thing? DR and EZboards worked fine. I know i get cookies because I've found them in my Temp Internet folder. Does that make sense? I'm connecting through AOhelL, unfortunately.