Scrolling sigs

Users should come to the Embassy to make all suggestions, bug reports, complaints, and anything else relating to the forum itself. The Embassy Control staff will take all issues seriously. Or kill you. One of the two. Possibly both.
Cash
Needs Friends

Scrolling sigs

Post by Cash »

http://www.bulldrek.com/viewtopic.php?t=229&view=next

About 1/3 of the way down, I have to scroll to see all of Infinity's sig. Toryu reported having to do the same.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Jackal said that he saw it fine (no scrolling).

(all in #bulldrek)
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Lemme guess; you had to scroll /down/ to see it all. [If you had to scroll /over/ to see it, I'm a moron, and forgive me.]

Dennis is using an iframe sig like mine, but he doesn't have the no scrolling option set. Now, normally, it doesn't matter, because the lines are so short it won't wrap enough times to require scrolling. But he's got one really long sig I saw last night while looking at the board at 800x600.

So if your screen's small, and his sig's long, it's going to line-wrap enough times to require scrolling. The same thing used to happen with my sig on v0.2 when I had the iframe, except you /couldn't/ scroll, so it just looked cut off. [I had a Godspeed quote that was /really/ long.]

If it is a down scroll, Dennis just needs to set his iframe height tall enough to fit the number of lines his sig will take up if someone's at 800x600. And he should set the noscroll, just in case. Or he can jujst ignore you dorks with postage-stamp monitors. :P Nyah!
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Yeah! Deev had the gall to tell us to fix *our* screen resolution. The nerve of that man!

Yes, up and down. Not side to side scrolling....
</font>
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I spent weeks tweaking the iframe on v0.2. Every time I'd stick in a new entry that was longer than the others, I'd have to keep reloading a page until it came up, drop the res to 800x600, and figure out the maximum number of lines. Sometimes, I killed the line; sometimes, I just popped the iframe larger. It went from 2 lines to 3, eventually. I also tweaked it so the pixel sizes were /exactly/ enough for 3 lines, and top-and-bottom symmetry.

See, Dennis is a programmer; I'm a graphic designer and an anal-retentive tester. :)
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

:lol

Yeah, my apologies. I use the same signature for three accounts [DV8, Dennis and Infinity] and I forgot to heighten the iframe on the two latter accounts. :)

If it happens again; by a bigger computer screen. ;)
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

No shit. Dennis and I see it just fine. What the fuck's wrong with you other cheap bastards? :D
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

I'm glad I'm not the only one that can't allow himself to be held responsible for other people's total lack of cool hardware. :)
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Since its such had work to alter your sigs, we don't want to force you to do that, so we'll be happy to settle for the both of you to buy all the rest of us newer better monitors. Its a bit of an inconvenience and all, but hey, life is about compromises, we'll make do. :D
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

You can take it up with 32. :D
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Oh, no, no. My country's in the middle of a recession. We have only overseas funding available. Take it up with Deev. :D
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Well, I could help you out...but the thing is we are affected by the recession of the big, might and powerful United States of the Holy America so our means of financing this is limited.

We've got a fine number of people you could talk to, however...seeing as Amsterdam has a bunch of "organizations" that will be willing to fund this. I'm currently on the phone with the Russians, Yugo's, Chinese, Dutch and the Turkish...but they really only want to do business with the Grandaddy of Bulldrek.

ThreeTwo? :)