[Fixed] Bug Report :: HTML in sigs

Users should come to the Embassy to make all suggestions, bug reports, complaints, and anything else relating to the forum itself. The Embassy Control staff will take all issues seriously. Or kill you. One of the two. Possibly both.
Nexusvoid
Bulldrek Pusher

[Fixed] Bug Report :: HTML in sigs

Post by Nexusvoid »

See below.
_
Bethyaga
Knight of the Crimson Assfro

ditto

Post by Bethyaga »

Yeah.

That.
_Whoever invented that brush that goes next to the toilet is an idiot, cuz that thing hurts.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

That begs a question: does my sig appear properly?

I know HTML is disabled in sigs. That's as it should be. Hmm. But it's turned on for posts. That seems backward.

I think it's likely that my sig was built before the HTML was turned off. I'll test this further.
Control
Bulldrekker

Post by Control »

HTML has been enabled for sigs and in posts. There was a bug allowing certain tags in posts, but not some tags in signatures. The folowing tags are allowed in sigs and posts:

<b>
[i]
<u>
_

That said, please use BBcode in your signatures. The [size], [color] and text formatting [b,i,u] tags will work in signatures. If they do not, please make a bug report.

NexusVoid: Please try your sig again.
Control
Bulldrekker

Post by Control »

NexusVoid:
When you test your sig, you can remove the <font> tag, and you don't need to include the hr color; both those attributes are already set by the stylesheet to the qualities you specified.
Nexusvoid
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Nexusvoid »

Testing...

Edit: It seems the line break tag doesn't work, but it recognizes carriage returns anyway.
_
Eliahad
Squire of the Crimson Assfro

re: test

Post by Eliahad »

You don't actually need to make a test post anymore. Changing the sig changes ALL of your sig posts. Don't know why or how, but I find it curious.
Chocolate sauce on a buttery nipple. *Bliss*
Nexusvoid
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Nexusvoid »

Yeah; I just noticed that, too. It's probably because, to quicken page display, the individual threads are stored as a php file instead of a static HTML file. So, instead of storing the entirety of my sig, it just lists something like $nexsig, and pulls that value from the SQL database.
_
Bethyaga
Knight of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Bethyaga »

I like that. One annoying thing about BDv0.2 is old pages full of sigpic links that no longer work.
_Whoever invented that brush that goes next to the toilet is an idiot, cuz that thing hurts.
Control
Bulldrekker

Post by Control »

There are no static HTML pages. Period.

Every time a page is rendered, there are placeholders - we'll call them variables, because that's what they are - with names like {user_sig} that point to the SQL database that supports the site. This means that if you change the information in the database, the value of that variable changes. Therefore, whenever the page is loaded, the current variable is pulled from the database.

This means several things. There's a variable for every portion of the board, including sig, avatar - what we know as personal pics - and post count. So those values will always be the current value, and not the value when the post was made. This has pros and cons, obviously.
Nexusvoid
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Nexusvoid »

And the mailto: link works now. Rock on.
_
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Hmm. Unfortunately, changing the font color kills the mouseover on the CSS, because it's reading the span tag, and not the stylesheet. Stupid "cascading" idea, anyway. :)
Nexusvoid
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Nexusvoid »

You could always make a new class for me to call in my sig. ;)
_
Control
Bulldrekker

Post by Control »

Now that your signature is a link, there is no call for changing the color; it's body text, and covered under the postbody class, which means it will be #5c7898 in any case, so long as it's an href. So you could remove the color tag, which would re-enable the mouseover change by removing the span class the php function inserts to engage the color.
Nexusvoid
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Nexusvoid »

Roxor.
_
Control
Bulldrekker

Post by Control »

Excellent.