[nWoD] Hunter: The Vigil

A forum for discussing all roleplaying games, from Shadowrun to Bunnies and Burrows. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're discussing in the subject line.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

[nWoD] Hunter: The Vigil

Post by Jeff Hauze »

I may try to update some of this as I go on, but for now, I figured I would throw this up here as well. I'm looking for two more players for an IRC game of Hunter. I'm not holding out much hope to find folks here, but it's worth a shot. Consider this a possible placeholder for campaign material as well.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Bishop
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Bishop »

What's Hunter?
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter:_The_Vigil

It's the one where you get to be (relatively) normal humans and go kick the shit out of the whiny monster goths. The great part about that phrase is they actually used something similar as a selling point in the last version (Old WoD) of Hunter (known as Hunter: The Reckoning). It's what sold me on buying my first White Wolf product, and the only White Wolf game I've played to date. Plus, they made the "default" setting (in Vigil) Philadelphia. So it's making it extraordinarily easy to get the game set up for me.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Bishop
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Bishop »

What times and such? I might be interested, I always semi-enjoyed World of Darkness, and am kind of roleplay starved at the moment. Fucking Paul left me for some game called Angry Birds(?), and 32 has actually started becoming all human and shit. That and we live an hour away from each other now, which is much of teh suckage.
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

We're looking at Saturday evenings, 7 pm to 11 pm EST. Probably bi-weekly, as I'm not sure if everybody could manage weekly. Time and frequency are a little flexible at the moment, that was just the time that worked between the two players I currently have.

Edit: Since I'm in here as well, might as well throw up the link to the work in progress map (there will be an accompanying Google Doc at some point as well).

Also, rulebooks needed would be the New World of Darkness corebook and the Hunter: The Vigil corebook. Those links go to DTRPG for PDF copies, as they are currently on sale for half price. Actually, I think all of the Hunter/nWoD stuff is on sale for half price.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Okay, much busier week than I thought, and no real time to write. I'm hoping to have the character creation guidelines and city (Philly) writeup completed by the end of next weekend. Ideally, I'd like to start our first sessions within a week or two of that.