Short Cthulhu Game. Players Needed. Interested?

A forum for discussing all roleplaying games, from Shadowrun to Bunnies and Burrows. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're discussing in the subject line.
Ancient History
Demon

Short Cthulhu Game. Players Needed. Interested?

Post by Ancient History »

About...fuck, months ago...I wanted to do a little something called L.O.I.S.: Last Occult Investigator Sane. Sortof a last-man-standing pulp character battle in Call of Cthulhu. Now that I have (slightly) more free time, and have finished the preliminary writing on the scenario, I'd like to give it a shot.

The basic premise: Anybody that wants to play submits a short (500 words or less) description of the character they want to play, and I'll stat it out (unlike character battles, this isn't a min-maxing contest) and send you the basic character sheet. (Anyone unfamiliar with the rules can get a simplified breakdown here).

All the players are given a certain amount of information about the scenario and one or more objectives. The objectives of different players might bring them into conflict, or suggest strange alliances. The first person to fulfill their objective(s) (or, as it happens, the last person standing/sane) wins.

The point of the game is to have fun. It's the Roaring 20s, and the world has emerged from the horrors of the Great War, a time rife with possibilities. Anyone want in?