Earthdawn, Shadowrun, ... Equinox?

A forum for discussing all roleplaying games, from Shadowrun to Bunnies and Burrows. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're discussing in the subject line.
Ancient History
Demon

Earthdawn, Shadowrun, ... Equinox?

Post by Ancient History »

Link

I'm not entirely pleased at the prospect.
lordhellion
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by lordhellion »

You know, I'll give it a chance, but I have serious reservations.

If I had the gumption to go through DSF, I'd dig up the notes I made years ago when I was fiddling with my own Earthdawn/Shadowrun continuity idea. It was based more towards the end of the Sixth World, when magic had overran technology as the tool of choice in a high fantasy setting. Tech became highly valuble as it was able to do so much without attracting the attentions of The Horrors. IE's controlled walking fortresses made from giant living trees and controlled by advanced AI's. There was a plans for a Forbidden Zone, populated entirey by AI robotic-constructs that kept to themselves and worshipped thier own silicon God. Adventurers would forage fearlessly into the widerness in hopes of finding scant pieces of tech to bring back the independent tinkerers.
_No one was ever put in a history book for being a great conformist.
Reika
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Reika »

I dunno, it sounds like a vaguely interesting setting, but I'd probably try to read through more of the setting information before buying the book.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Sorry...but eh. It sounds a bit lame from the short description. I'd have to see some more information before giving it a whirl.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.