What RPGs are you/do you want to play these days?

A forum for discussing all roleplaying games, from Shadowrun to Bunnies and Burrows. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're discussing in the subject line.
Bull
Tasty Human

What RPGs are you/do you want to play these days?

Post by Bull »

Just an informal poll here. See what everyone's been up to.

Me, I'm playing a very wonked out D&D 3.5 game. The wonk is fun, the D&D, not so much. Had an SR4 game going for a bit, but the GM took it in some wierd directions that didn't suit my character, and a couple other players had been badgering him to resurrect the D&D game for a while, so we swapped out.

I'd like to play... Hrmm. No clue. I have a couple home brew game ideas I'd like to run, but time and motivation are an issue. Other than that, I can;t really think of anything that's lept out at me in a while and screamed "Play me!"

Bull
Bull's Place at Dumpshock!

"Order is Illusion! Chaos is Bliss! Got any Fours?"
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

D&D, Shadowrun, In Nomine, Call of Cthulhu and I can't wait for the Warhammer 40,000 RPG. :)
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

Right now we have an Iron Kingdoms game going, a semi-regular Star Wars game, and we spent two weeks coming up with our own world based on the D&D system to play around with. I have a Druid Ninja. :)
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

We play a D&D 3.5e game these days. I'm SR'ed out, and haven't had the slightest desire to even look at my SR4 book.
Ampere
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Ampere »

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay!
Playing some SR4 tonight (first time in a while). A little D&D and Savage Worlds on occasion.
Was playing some Warhammer 40k. Flames of War is a common game.
Going to be playing some 10mm ACW minis stuff in Chicago soon.
Maybe a once a month-thing.
Last edited by Ampere on Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reika
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Reika »

Nothing at the moment, though in theory there's a couple of games I could be in but going through one of my phases of "eh, everyone else is better off without me in them".
Johnny the Bull
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Johnny the Bull »

No one games here. To busy being homosexuals or pious or something like that.

I just play WoW.
--------------------------------------------
No money, no honey
TLM
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by TLM »

Exalted. It's the greatest game I've never played. I have pretty much every single 1st Ed. book, and I always end up GMing for some reason.
Geneticists have established that all women share a common ancestor, called Eve, and that all men share a common ancestor, dubbed Adam. However, it has also been established that Adam was born 80.000 years after Eve. So, the world before him was one of heavy to industral strength lesbianism, one assumes.
-Stephen Fry, QI
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

Just finished up a campaign of Exalted-in-SR, currently playing D&D3.5E.

And WoW, of course.
__
Jeff Hauze: Wow. I think Jestyr just fucking kicked my ass.
TLM
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by TLM »

Exalted-in-SR!? :tard H-how the hell do you even begin to jusify that?
Geneticists have established that all women share a common ancestor, called Eve, and that all men share a common ancestor, dubbed Adam. However, it has also been established that Adam was born 80.000 years after Eve. So, the world before him was one of heavy to industral strength lesbianism, one assumes.
-Stephen Fry, QI
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

The Unconquered Sun took a really long time to start sending Solars back.

Turns out that hiding from Heaven is a lot harder in the Information Age...
__
TLM
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by TLM »

... Sun-aspected Shamans/Phys-ads! *facedesks* So obvious!
-Stephen Fry, QI
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

D&D (3.5 Forgotten Realms) and Babylon 5: A Call to Arms. I'm in Paul's boat...a little SR'ed out for a while. I'll have to check back in when the current SR craziness dies down.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

TLM wrote:... Sun-aspected Shamans/Phys-ads! *facedesks* So obvious!
Naw. Seriously, the relative power level of Exalts is just off the charts in SR terms. What you were before Exaltation is pretty irrelevant. :)
__
Ampere
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Ampere »

Jestyr wrote:
TLM wrote:... Sun-aspected Shamans/Phys-ads! *facedesks* So obvious!
Naw. Seriously, the relative power level of Exalts is just off the charts in SR terms. What you were before Exaltation is pretty irrelevant. :)
Wow...no kidding. Exalts are pretty damn badass. I was amazed at the things my Dragonblooded could do...and they're kinda wussy in comparison to the other exalted.
Reika

Post by Reika »

Exalted-in-SR....ow. :)

I'll amend my previous post, got out of my funk so I'm back into a CBT game. Don't remember the last time I played SR regularly since they all seem to fold after a session or 2.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I'm playing D&D with Paul, and that's been fun, although certainly not because of anything having to do with D&D itself. Of the games I'm not playing, there are only two I'd like to be: Earthdawn and Shadowrun. We've got two great ED campaigns currently on pause, and I never get tired of Shadowrun, although I stop following the metaplot just before RA:S, and will certainly never embrace SR4, which is a large wet pool of dog shit.
Eliahad
Squire of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eliahad »

I want to play at all. If I'm picky, I want to play the game I've been working on for the last couple of years that's based more or less off LeGuinn's Earthsea cycle. But that's just me.
JongWK
Bulldrekker

Post by JongWK »

Running:
SR4 (Brainscan)

Playing:
Qin: The Warring States (campaign set in Romance of the Three Kingdoms, though)
True 20 (Imperial Rome + Highlander Immortals FTW!)

Planning:
Cold Space and FTL Now
Korean-themed RPG
Blue Planet

Hoping to play:
Alatriste
In Harm's Way
Warhammer 2E
My country is the world, and my religion is to do good.
-Thomas Paine
Kwyndig
Grand Marshall of the Imperium
Location: The Orbiting Volcano Lair, high above the surface of Bulldrek

Coming out of retirement to say...

Post by Kwyndig »

BESM3e, it's actually a workable system. I'm currently using it to run a forum game (over on Something Awful, which is where I emigrated last year when I needed a forums fix) based on the cartoon MEGAS XLR.

I'm also in an on-again off-again Iron Heroes game with a Norse theme, and a handful of GURPS stuff.

I'm planning on running a face-to-face Mutants and Masterminds (2nd ed) game at my local FLGS, but so far I haven't been able to get players. I also have another project based on the Zone of the Enders universe, and some guys are trying to get me to start a Weapons of the Gods game.

In addition, I have been buying D&D 3.5 books for a few months now, and I might do something with them, I'm not sure yet.
kwyndig@yahoo.com This sig for rent, reasonable rates
Paul
Tasty Human

Post by Paul »

Still doing some D&D, add in some Shadowrun, and now some Star Wars!
Kick Rocks
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Still doing D&D, Babylon 5: A Call to Arms (ok, technically not RPG), and I want to play Star Wars.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

CoH, Shadowrun on here. I keep thinking something over IRC and realize that I have no desire for anything that requires convoluted plots and all. I'm always up for Ar'hea of course ;)

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
paladin2019
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by paladin2019 »

Wish I could play right now.

Mostly I'm stuck with NWN, now online or P&P available.

I think I'd like a nice relaxing game of SR. Just not the travesty I've heard the online, Microsquish version is.
-call me Andy, dammit
Lord Death Hand
No-Life Loser

Post by Lord Death Hand »

Was playing Star Wars and Dark Heresy, now playing a D&D 3.5 game in the Under Mountain campaign and a home brew 3.5 game and running a Dark Heresy campaign. Can't wait for Rogue Trader to come out. Also want to try Exalted and Iron Kingdoms.
I am the evil monkey what lives in your nuts.

Lick my butt and suck my balls, America FUCK YEAH!
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

D&D 3.5e, Shadowrun 3e, sometimes 4e-but rarely as we hate what they did to the game; SWSE and D20 Modern.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

I just finished part one of my new Shadowrun campaign which we started about a year and a half ago after a hiatus of a few years, during which we played D&D. Shadowrun is still my favourite with CoC as a close runner up. Looking back at what I posted in this thread before, I never did get to run In Nomine the way I wanted to, and I am a little underwhelmed at Dark Heresy.
Eva
Baron of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eva »

What worries me is that I saw your brother reading the Vampire: the Masquerade book and I'll be damned if I ever play that game again. Would sooner pick up the Buffy RPG.
One time I built a matter transporter, but things got screwed up (long story, lol) and I ended up turning into a kind of half-human, half-housefly monstrosity.
AtemHutlrt
Bulldrekker

Post by AtemHutlrt »

I don't care what you're all playing, because you're not playing The Eastern Kingdoms, and therefore I hate you.
The sun shines in my bedroom
when you play;
and the rain it always starts
when you go away
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Eva wrote:What worries me is that I saw your brother reading the Vampire: the Masquerade book and I'll be damned if I ever play that game again. Would sooner pick up the Buffy RPG.
1) I find you odd. 2) I find you odd. 3) I find you odd. 4) I doubt anyone's really interested in anything beyond SR and CoC.
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Big Jim »

I think I'm going to use GenCon this year to figure out if I really miss gaming or not.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

My schedule at work and I don't get to play anymore except for special occasions (when our friend from Sacramento visits). D&D 4.0 can jump in a pit of fire for all I care, but I do miss playing SR.
</font>
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Big Jim wrote:I think I'm going to use GenCon this year to figure out if I really miss gaming or not.
That's what you said last year, too. Or rather, you had already reached a conclusion last year. What changed? Was it the fact that you came so close to being part of our gaming group? :)
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Big Jim »

Rub it in, jerk.

I suppose I'm going to give it another chance, like any failed relationship. I have so many good memories of SR, I want it to work.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Most recently, we've been playing nothing but D&D, but for once I'm not flipping out about not getting to play Shadowrun, because I'm enjoying the D&D so much. We play SR as a filler when we've finished whatever Paul had planned for D&D, and that seems to sate me.

We're currently running two simultaneous campaigns in Paul's setting, the Middle Kingdoms. In one, we're all playing completely, unabashedly evil characters; our first - I almost typed "run" - our first adventure was the extermination of a border town being occupied by dwarven forces. We killed everyone, something like 400 people, all told. In the other campaign, we're playing utterly - okay, mostly - good characters; my character is something like a 65-year old Jesus Christ in a Kung Fu movie. It's gone well.

Online, there's been little to no gaming, because neither Paul nor myself have been spending a lot of time indoors on computers, but I anticipate picking up Eastern Kingdoms again soon.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

No RPG lately for me either...

Just want something!
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

I like the SR4 system, but it really is making it difficult when I'm also running Cthulutech online. First off, Ctech is cinematic, and easy, and damn fun. So doing the work my usual SR campaigns require...it just feels like a lot of fucking work for the offline game. I really don't know if I can GM in person anymore. I feel totally rusty and like I'm delivering half-warm crap to the players.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

the work my usual SR campaigns require
You realize some novelists don't have that much material set aside for whole books, right? ;7

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Doesn't change the fact that's what I require of myself when using a new setting like Tampa. This whole being involved and caring about my job, while also actually having something resembling a semi-active social life...well it means I actually don't have like 10 hours a day to work on gaming. Through in my usual time spent smoking and writing, plus actually slowly starting to take better care of myself, I'm left feeling all adult and like I actually have to cut back on gaming work. In the end, it likely means that Tampa will be abandoned soon, and I'll turn back to Seattle before long. I just honestly don't have the time anymore to do Tampa the justice I think it deserves (along with the other projects I've committed to) and I can't let it go half done. Seattle is largely already done in the broad strokes, and I can just fill in the small details.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Ampere
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Ampere »

I just wrapped a WFRP campaign I was running and a Dark Heresy game I was in. Picked up a Vampire: Requiem game. I think a D&D 3.5 game is replacing the Dark Heresy: kind of a Dragonriders of Pern deal. Should be interesting.
Quoth Drunken Master:
"When Colin Powell walks out of your cabinet because of doctrinal issues, you've got problems."
Quoth Moto42:
"Bulldrek, where love and appreciation are accompanied by a volley of gunfire."
paladin2019
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by paladin2019 »

I just want to play. AD&D, Cyberpunk, Warhammer, whatever.
-call me Andy, dammit
Reika

Post by Reika »

Currently playing Ctech, which is awesome. Slowly changing my mind about Eclipse Phase (the more I read, the more interesting it looks) and still addicted to WoW.

Don't miss D&D at all. But would love to play something like Exalted again.
Heavy_D
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Heavy_D »

Shadowrun, what else!

Deev has a nice adventure going...I'm sure we'll all be heading down the wrong path soon. And yet I enjoy going there...the man has some mad GM skillz :D
Last edited by Heavy_D on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's lonely at the top. But it's comforting to look down upon everyone at the bottom.
paladin2019
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by paladin2019 »

Got done with a weekend of gaming at Genghis Con (cons being my only outlet these days). Lots of pulp games and some Cthulhu thrown in.
-call me Andy, dammit