Shadowrunner Nights - A D20MM Project

A forum for discussing all roleplaying games, from Shadowrun to Bunnies and Burrows. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're discussing in the subject line.
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Shadowrunner Nights - A D20MM Project

Post by ak404 »

Has anyone seen this recently?

http://shadowrunnernights.chaoticdysfunction.net/

It's quite an interesting concept: adapt SR to the D20 Gaming System, then craft a NWN PW around it. Thoughts?
"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing left to pursue." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

I've heard of this (or similar) projects. Not terribly impressed yet - there's no way to adapt astral travel or matrix combat as I recall. Someone was working on a Deus Ex mod to the same purpose, as I recall.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

It looks fucking horrible. Even if it did end up as a fully functional mod, I don't think I'd be able to play it because it looks so horrible.
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

I'll admit it doesn't do SR justice, but then again, what would. What irks me is no Matirx, no astral combat. It's just too friendly to physical combat, which means a physical adept would simply rock the shit, and if HiPS hasn't been fixed.....oh shit.
"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing left to pursue." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Patience
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Patience »

DV8 wrote:It looks fucking horrible. Even if it did end up as a fully functional mod, I don't think I'd be able to play it because it looks so horrible.
Oh, good lord, that's just ick.

I agree with you entirely, Deev. :o
_
<b>Thorn said:</b> Patience really does rock!!
<b>CykoSpin said:</b> Every time I see Patience (that is, a post by Patience), I think of the Iron Maiden song "Can I Play With Madness". I don't really know why, though; for whatever reason, I just do.
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

Patience!