Animalball Games: Sandbox Hill

A forum for discussing all roleplaying games, from Shadowrun to Bunnies and Burrows. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're discussing in the subject line.
kyle
Tasty Human

Animalball Games: Sandbox Hill

Post by kyle »

Animalball Games is proud to present "Sandbox Hill," a tactical wargame of the simplest variety. Get your army men, get your rubber bands and be prepared for a fall-down drag-out war that may take the whole weekend.

I remember that day. The sun was bright and the grass grew high. But in under an hour we lost half of our men. The bullets were flying faster than we could follow them. The casualties were overwhelming. But we showed those bastards that the boys of the third infantry could bring forth the fires of hell as good as anyone. For every one of us that survived, three died. They tell us all that matters is that we won, but somehow I can't stop thinking about my boys that didn't make it back. I think about them, and wonder if the guys in charge even know what the cost of winning was. Yeah, I was there. I was there the day we won the Battle for Timmy's Sandbox.

Although often categorized as a "unique" miniatures-style game, Sandbox Hill is really just the game you always wanted to play as a kid. Each side gets their soldiers (plastic army men) and tanks (die-cast metal cars) and tries to blow the other side back into the stone age with their artillery (rubberbands). While Sandbox Hill contains the basic rules for movement, shooting, and inficting damage, it also provides rules for the use of things such as land mines, paratroopers, bazookas, snipers and medics. This version also contains variant rules for extremely powerful weapons like MOABS and napalm.

Go to the ABG Store to buy it, or click here for a look inside.