World of Warcraft

A forum for discussing all roleplaying games, from Shadowrun to Bunnies and Burrows. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're discussing in the subject line.
Silent Sniper
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Silent Sniper »

So do people still want to do the guild?
_
The Duke of Slack
Wielder of the Axe of Mass Destruction
Keeper of the Food Loaf

Quote of the random period of time:
Beware, naughty children, for the bells herald Santa's dark harvest of souls...
Anguirel
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Anguirel »

Just me, and that leaves it dead, for now -- I recommend going Alliance on Silverhand or Proudmoore and joining up with Dvixen's or ThatCash's (respectively) group. Actually... do it on Proudmoore -- I'll start playing my Dwarven Hunter again and we can join their guild, if the Southern Wardens don't mind us nosing in on it...
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

I'm on Dunemaul, but I've got no hopes of anyone playing there. :)
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Is anyone getting excited over the RP-PvP servers that Blizzard will be opening up soon? I am. :)
Anguirel
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Anguirel »

Given the general lack of RP on RP server... I'm not sure there's a huge amount to be excited about. I've all but given up on actually doing any RP at this point and just started pwning Alliance noobs in Battle Grounds. Mainly because none of them have any clue how to fight PvP, and the hideous faction imbalance means Horde players who want to join a BG get to join nearly every time (and fight losing odds), so they're getting pretty good while the Alliance... well, they aren't.

As for RP-PvP... eh, given the lack of inter-factional roleplay tools, like learning the other faction's language or being able to join a neutral faction such as Cenarion Circle, Argent Dawn, or Bloodsail Bucaneers and have our "At War" status linked to whether you are flagged to other players as if you were a part of that group instead of your primary Horde/Alliance faction... who cares? Most fo the pvP will be done by lame gankers, or the same "role-players" who think /spitting on every passing member of the opposition constitutes (while unflagged, no less) constitutes playing their role somehow, who will also just run around ganking for no real reason, and certainly not because they're role-playing something, like a deep-seated irrational hatred of cows -- seeing an entire field of cows slaughtered while I was passing by followed by an unlikely assault on my Tauren (I run around flagged sometimes) by a significantly lower level player makes me think there's at least one Alliance who is, though -- he was cool and paused combat long enough to reject my "/me asks you to yield.". Which leads to my next point, there's not even a decent option for surrendering or offering a yield to a clearly outmatched opponent whom you have no personal grudge against.

But if BD starts something up on one of the new servers, Horde or Alliance, I'll be there.
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Anguirel wrote:Which leads to my next point, there's not even a decent option for surrendering or offering a yield to a clearly outmatched opponent whom you have no personal grudge against.
Sure there is; /golfclap! :)
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Tiny Deev
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Tiny Deev »

I'm on Dunemaul.. :)
Level 70 hunter.
Level 70 Shaman.
And some random characters from 40 and down.
Bishop
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Bishop »

That's kinda funny. I play on Mal'Ganis.

70 shaman
41 hunter, getting him to 70.
also have a warrior, a druid, and a warlock.
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

It hurts when I think about how badly I want to play again. Is this a bad sign?
"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing left to pursue." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Yes, that's a bad sign. I have to admit that my interest is finally waning. I'm playing less and less.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

DV8 wrote:Yes, that's a bad sign. I have to admit that my interest is finally waning. I'm playing less and less.
Aaaaand then my account got hacked. I think that altogether I've got about 30k in gold and materials laying around, so I guess it's worth it but damn, just when I've kind of been enjoying a bit of PvP lately...
Heavy_D
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Heavy_D »

Just discovered this one...

Am on Dunemaul like Deev and little Deev

Human Retri Pala lvl 80

And as such I am the most hated class in the entire game I guess.....with maybe the exception of Undead rogues...
It's lonely at the top. But it's comforting to look down upon everyone at the bottom.
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

Been on Tichondrius lately while not job hunting.

Orc hunter 80.
"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing left to pursue." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

ak404 wrote:Orc hunter 80.
Ah, a fellow hunter. Mine is Maznafein. :)
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

DV8 wrote:
ak404 wrote:Orc hunter 80.
Ah, a fellow hunter. Mine is Maznafein. :)
Heh. The much-loved Night Elf Hunter: I have one too, loved it.

I lied. I have two hunters: Kabbie and Kabbie.

Yes, I had entirely too much time on my hands; now I just spend my time mostly with my orc.
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

Oh, and I /bow to your BG skillz.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

I don't really have anywhere else to say this, so I'll say it here; I got the Frostbitten achievement yesterday. Finally.
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

Damn, nice.

On the Northrend side, I'm still working on my Oracles rep. Along with a few miscellaneous achievements (like Frostbitten, Minesweeper, etc.), that'll finish up all LK achievements possible outside a dungeon or BG.