Instant Game! -- Looking for players

A forum for discussing all roleplaying games, from Shadowrun to Bunnies and Burrows. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're discussing in the subject line.
Bethyaga
Knight of the Crimson Assfro

Instant Game! -- Looking for players

Post by Bethyaga »

Animalball is hopped up on Instant Game, and we just can't seem to stop. If you're up for a hell of a game, stop by some Wednesday. Jump in and play or just sit and watch (you perv). This thing rocks!

Play Location/Method: IRC (details here)
Game/System: Instant Game (based on Stories System)
Player or GM? We have a GM, and have 2 open player slots
Time/Frequency: We've been playing every Wed 8pm CST til midnight, but for Instant Game, each week is self-contained. There is no long term committment.
Genre: Unknown (see below)
Current needs: Need 2 players. Lurkers/witnesses always welcome
Accept Drop-In Players? Yes.
Accept Spectators? Absolutely.
Short description of the setting/campaign: Instant Game is our newest bit over at Animalball. Everyone comes to the (IRC) table with zero preparation. We have several preset tables to roll on to determine world/setting/genre. Characters are then created on the spot based on setting (with flexibility to continue development during gameplay). Plot elements are randomly determined by the GM, and play starts.

A typical session (we've had 2) involves about 30 minutes of setup, followed by 2 to 3 hours of actual roleplaying.

Our two sessions of Instant Game so far were: Grim Old West Zombies and Campy Contemporary involving Genetically Engineered Historic Heroes. The first was a very serious and scary horror tale of an Indian Shaman raising the dead to battle the encroaching white man. The second was two hours of pure comedy as stereotypes of Spartacus, Helen of Troy, and Benjamin Franklin worked together to save the scientists who created them from an army of Bruce Lee clones.
_Whoever invented that brush that goes next to the toilet is an idiot, cuz that thing hurts.
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

Still got one slot left. Come join us! We need you! We need playtesters.

Come on... it really does rock.
_Whoever invented that brush that goes next to the toilet is an idiot, cuz that thing hurts.
steeltoe1926
Bulldrekker

Post by steeltoe1926 »

I would love to join if you will have me I almost never work on wed.

Hoiwever I have never played on IRC and may need a little help getting satrted, (like how do I find the game?) but I pick up quick and need to keep my brain active.
_
Don't go looking for snakes you might find them
Don't turn you'r eyes to the sun you might blind them
Haven't I seen you here before?
No, there ain't no heroes here
Metallica
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

Follow the first link in my post above for all the details/discussion.

If you need instructions beyond what's there, let us know, and we'll get you set up. We'd love to give you a spot.
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

Instant Game is back on for this week.

November 24. One slot left.

Check in HERE! (I'm looking at you, steeltoe1926.)
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I might be able to play Mike. In fact I think barring any complications I can.
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

I'm counting on you Paul.

(And to anyone else interested, if we get enough bodies in IRC Wed, we're planning to run two simultaneous games. Separate games but based on the same random rolls.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I am definitely in, what time are you starting again-that may be my only sticking point, but I don't think so. 9 EST right? If thats right I am 100% in.
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

Serious Paul wrote:I am definitely in, what time are you starting again-that may be my only sticking point, but I don't think so. 9 EST right? If thats right I am 100% in.
Uh... actually, I'm going to go see the Incredibles that night so we actually bumped it to 9:15 CST. Should be perfect.