[Random] RPG Quote of the Year

A forum for discussing all roleplaying games, from Shadowrun to Bunnies and Burrows. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're discussing in the subject line.
Jackal
Bulldrek Pimp

[Random] RPG Quote of the Year

Post by Jackal »

Why is it that no one ever looks at regular D&D and says "They have iron forging and water boiling technology! Why don't they invent the steam engine?" but if you make a setting with a steam engine all of a sudden everyone wants to know when the nuclear reactors will be ready?

- Galwe (Privateer Press Forums)
I've been doing a lot of reading up on Iron Kingdoms lately and ran across a thread where someone was questioning why IK hadn't gone through the Industrial Revolution yet and when it would happen, mostly because they wanted automatic weapons. Mentally I'm thinking the person needs to go play D20 Modern myself but that aside I though it was a great response by another poster.
_
“Logic merely enables one to be wrong with authority.”
BloodHound
Bulldrekker

Post by BloodHound »

My freinds and I play a lot of RPGs - most notably SR and Vampire the Masquerade - The GM said something about us winning and one of the players - her name is Missy - replied with "Suceed? Of course we will suceed! We don't botch as often as the GM does."

another one I heard somewhere was "Ok, Jesus saves - everyone else takes 20 D20 damage."
------------------------------------------------------------------
If its one thing I learned from Ghostbusters, its that we never cross the streams.