[DnD 3+] Looking for Players For An Online Game

A forum for discussing all roleplaying games, from Shadowrun to Bunnies and Burrows. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're discussing in the subject line.
Ancient History
Demon

[DnD 3+] Looking for Players For An Online Game

Post by Ancient History »

I'm looking to DM a play-by-post game here on Bulldrek and need players. System with be Dungeons and Dragon 3rd edition plus.

I'd like 5-8 players, who can post no less than twice a week (otherwise combat gets really, really slow.)

Okay, base rules:

1) Your character must be 1st level, and can be from anywhere, any class, any alignment, any race with a Character Level Modifier of four or less.

2) Any rules from any WotC supplement or campaign setting are allowed, including feats, spells, classes, races, etc. 3.5 overrules 3.0 rules where applicable. This includes regional feats, and both Dragon and Dungeon magazines.

Exceptions to Rule 2:
* Keep it within a DnD context. No d20 Modern classes, no Polyhderon classes with a higher tech level than DnD, no third-party rules supplements, including the Rokugan setting (Oriental Adventures remains fair game.)

** Certain specific rule options from Unearthed Arcana will be used, the rest will not. Generally speaking, Paragon classes, Traits, Flaws, Spelltouched feats, Bloodlines, Item Familiars, Incantations, Spell Components and alternative classes are fair game. I will entertain specific requests for other rules options. If you're using Eberron material, please note that we will NOT be using Action Points

***Anything on the WotC website is fair game. Revised stuff overrules 3.0 stuff where relevant.

3) Any character should be well planned. It is highly encouraged that players fill out a detailed background and have a general idea of where they want their character to go in terms of classes, skills, etc. Anything you do (and do not) include in the background is fair game for the GM, you have been warned. My games tend to get powerful relatively quickly, which is why I encourage giving some thought as to how your character might evolve.

4) The beginning campaign setting will be determined by a vote of players, here are the options, please cast your vote when you join:

*Dark Sun
*Dragonlance
*Eberron
*Forgotten Realms
*Ghostwalk
*Greyhawk
*Oriental Adventures
*Original Campaign Setting
*Spelljammer

Please note these are beginning settings, opportunities may develop to travel to others (treat as alternative material planes).
Reika
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Reika »

As you know from our discussion on irc, I am interested, just need to hammer down my char concept. With regards to setting, I'm partial to FR, but willing to go for any setting except Dragonlance.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

1) Your character must be 1st level, and can be from anywhere, any class, any alignment, any race with a Character Level Modifier of four or less.
The ECL modifier is seriously going to throw the game if everyone has to be a 1st level class character.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Ancient History
Demon

It evens out rather quickly, unless one player starts stalking and slaughtering the other players. Really.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

The Temptation

Post by Cazmonster »

Man, the chance to play a Spelljammer Dracon again would pretty much rock. But I'm way too friggin' busy what with twins to think about a pb3.
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
Elldren
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Elldren »

I'm also up for a game. I'm still working on a character as well (any other restrictions? methods, etc?). As far as settings are concerned, I'd prefer FR. I know i've been inactive for the better part of a year now, but as I'm going to school full time again, I've suddenly run into a lot of free time.
Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

<font size=-2 color=#5c7898><i>For, to seek for a true defence in an untrue weapon, is to angle on the earth for fish, and to hunt in the sea for hares.[/i] -- Robert Silver, <i>Paradoxes of Defence</i>, 1599</font>
Ancient History
Demon

As long as the character abides by the listed rules, anything goes. I don't believe in restricting players unnecessairilly.
Reika

Post by Reika »

Ancient History wrote:As long as the character abides by the listed rules, anything goes. I don't believe in restricting players unnecessairilly.
And I repeat, that is such a dangerous thing, but I think you'll have fun at Luadril's expense. ;)
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

Once I figure out how to get PCGen working again, I'm in. I even have a fun little idea from a previous game. Now to figure out how to bring him over from one system to this one...
"I have a conundrum for you. A riddle if you will. What's the difference between you, and malard with a cold? I don't remember how it ends, but your mothers a whore." -"Sean Connery" Celebrity Jeopardy- SNL
Ancient History
Demon

I'm willing to help anyone who doesn't have access to some of the books.
Reika

Post by Reika »

I can also help with the getting of books if people aren't fussy about their origin.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I would like to play. I have only the D3d PHB; what, if anything, should I possess otherwise?
Reika

Post by Reika »

I also have Monte Cook's Books of Eldritch Might 1-3 and Book of Hallowed Might if anyone is interested in a copy. Haven't checked his site recently to see what other goodies he has available.
Ancient History
Demon

I encourage the sharing of books and infrmation; I myself will make any available on request. I'd like all prospective players to PM me within a week, if possible, just so I know how many I have.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Also, this is emphatically in the wrong forum.
Ancient History
Demon

Right-o, started an OOC thread in The Games The Thing, oh-so-cleverly entitled "Ancient's Game."
Anguirel

Post by Anguirel »

One first level Half-Dragon Vampire Shade Demi-Lich coming up... *nods sagely* More templates added as I remember them. Or not. I just wanted to make the snarky template-whore post. :D
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.
Ancient History
Demon

You can add templates as long as the total Level Modifier is 4 or less. I really don't care what you choose to play.