[40K] Dawn of War

A forum for discussing all roleplaying games, from Shadowrun to Bunnies and Burrows. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're discussing in the subject line.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

[40K] Dawn of War

Post by DV8 »

So they're bringing out a new computer game Dawn of War under the 40K license. It's looking like it'll be a RTS, and I'm personally not really into that kind of thing, but it's 40K, so I'm willing to give it a try. How cool is this going to be? :)
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

I'm in the beta.

It's fucking awesome.

Has some balance issues right now, but everything feels right, you know? Like, Orks all have South London "Fuck off, you," accents, Chaos is best played by being a sneaky sumbitch until you can bring the big guns (and Bloodthirster!) to bear, and Eldar's largest strength is their mobility.

The only thing I really miss are different marks for the Chaos forces, but I can understand why they're not there.
Atragon
Wuffle Student

Post by Atragon »

My Iron Warriors miss their bassie... :D
_
Peace through superior firepower!
Thought for the day: Evolving long enough, your spam filter will become a construct emulating your own mind
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

A 40k game you can play without having to drop phat cash? Sign me the hell up!

Now I wonder how easy it will be to mod so I can add Zoats to the game?
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

According to the dev that posts over on Penny Arcade, the hardest part of introducing new units will be the art and animations. Other than that, the toolkit is pretty much wide open to the gaming public.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Right, learn computer animation, develop Zoats, kick Priestly in the nutsack.

It's all worth the nutsack kick.
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
BloodHound
Bulldrekker

Post by BloodHound »

so now that the real things been out for a while, those who have beaten it - how was that ending?
Personally, I thought it was a crap sandwich - thanks GW.
------------------------------------------------------------------
If its one thing I learned from Ghostbusters, its that we never cross the streams.
Maelwys
Tasty Human

Post by Maelwys »

Haven't played it, but from alot of the people around here that have played it, their main concern was the replayability of it. A grand total of about 13? missions from what I understand, before you have to go multiplayer mode. They liked the game, they just finished it so quickly, and haven't bothered to pick it back up again.
Brineshrimp
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Brineshrimp »

I've heard it would make a decent LAN party game. Can't go wrong running around with orks smashing in your buddy's head if you ask me.

I've read the book and it made me want to pick the game up. I just haven't had the time to actually go to the store and get it. Oh well.
This is my signature. Enjoy
God gave us a penis and a brain, but only enough blood to run one at a time.