[SR] Essence draining creatures.

A forum for discussing all roleplaying games, from Shadowrun to Bunnies and Burrows. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're discussing in the subject line.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

[SR] Essence draining creatures.

Post by MooCow »

When a creature, such as a Vampire, drains essence is it gone permanently? Are there different types, some that drain perm, and some that drain temp?

I don't have access to my creatures book right now, and I can't seem to find the answer in the main book.
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Anguirel
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Anguirel »

I believe most of the Vampire drains can be either at the choice of the Vampire. Permanent drain fills the Vampire up faster, but having a few temporary drain feeders could allow a vampire to remain hidden fairly easily for quite some time. I don't have my (GM's) Creatures book around either, but that's the way I remember it.
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.
Moto42
Wuffle Master

Post by Moto42 »

Regulare essence drain seems to be permanant, and quite possibly deadly.
Temporary essence drain is regained at a rate on one point per minute, if you are reduced to 0 essence you mearly pass out.
The cannon vamp in Critters has the permanant kind and suffers from Essence Loss.
Hello, I'm a signature VIRUS!
Copy me to your signature to help me grow.
lordhellion
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by lordhellion »

I thought Essence recovered at 1 per Hour, not minute. I also believe that unless specifically indicated, Essence Drain is temporary, unless of course, its a deadly drain, implant-related, or as a result of a dealy wound's permanent damage. I'm working from memory though, so this is likely to be flawed.
_No one was ever put in a history book for being a great conformist.
paladin2019
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by paladin2019 »

Essence Drain is permanent. A creature drained to 0 Essence "dies at once and permanently."

Essence Drain (Temporary) is a separate power and is, like the name says, temporary. This effect lasts on the creature a number of Combat Turns equal to the creature's original Essence. Drain to 0 results in passing out as if from a Deadly Stun. The victim's Essence is recovered at 1 point per minute.

All from p10, Critters.
-call me Andy, dammit
lordhellion
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by lordhellion »

Thank God rulebooks are written on paper and not stone. What kinda GM would I be if I didn't make people sweat about getting thier Essence back. One a minute? For shame... :D
_No one was ever put in a history book for being a great conformist.
Moonwolf
Wuffle Master

Post by Moonwolf »

The one "critter" with temp essence drain is the Nosferatu, all other essence drains are permanent, and the Nos gets permanent as well, so they get the choice.