[ED/SR]The Ancient Files: Blood Magic

A forum for discussing all roleplaying games, from Shadowrun to Bunnies and Burrows. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're discussing in the subject line.
Ancient History
Demon

[ED/SR]The Ancient Files: Blood Magic

Post by Ancient History »

My new blood magic page is up. A resource for players of both Earthdawn and Shadowrun, it lists every form of blood magic, gives a short history in both ages, and has a list of every blood charm, as well as lists of all thread items and spells that use blood magic. Enjoy, tell me if I missed anything.
Ancient History
Demon

Sometimes I think nobody reads my pages. The cumulative spelling mistakes or sheer size is just to intimidating or exasperating to wade through for the condensed blobs of information I offer to those who likely already know most of it.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Frankly, AH, the pages may contain good info but its so very cluttered and not really laid out I can't get past one or two paragraphs. Nothing against you, but just me and visual uses.

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
Ancient History
Demon

I try to organize things, but frankly I don't know what makes it easy for people to handle.
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

Tried staring up a thread in Artistic License for some ideas/feedback? With the broad spectrum of people we have on the board and the experience with webpages they bring, it can't lose you anything to try.
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Really, two things would make things easier. Justifying your text, and making two sizes, regular and header. That alone would make it look neater and be easier to read through.

Ancient History
Demon

I've bugged Adam about it before. What it really boils down to is that I should rebuild every damn page from scratch.
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

Well rather than just 'bugging Adam', why not do it properly and get everyone involved? Two, or more, heads are better than one and all that.

One suggestion that I'd make would be to leave a line between paragraphs and then not indent at the start of each new one. For me personally, that'd break up the mass of text some and make it more readable. And like Kai said, justify it.
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Ancient History
Demon

M'kay.
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

Sorry, AH, but I'm on Kai's boat. It's too cluttered and uneven. The material's good, but the way it's being presented undermines that. This isn't just a random series of notes, but a unified work, so it has to look like one.

Tell you what. If I've got time today, I'll do a quick run-through and post up an alternative layout.
"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing left to pursue." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Even though it's cluttered and hard to negotiate, it's still one of the most resourceful pages on Shadowrun out there.
Ancient History
Demon

Thanks D. It might not be pretty, but it'd mine. Time for some cosmetic surgery.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Like I said, its me. I can't read Tolkien, text document documentation bores me, I can't read a webpage that's to me a lot of text splattered haphazardly on a page. It might well be awesome, but I won't be able to stand it long enough to find out.