[DnD/FR] Regions

A forum for discussing all roleplaying games, from Shadowrun to Bunnies and Burrows. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're discussing in the subject line.
paladin2019
Bulldrek Pimp

[DnD/FR] Regions

Post by paladin2019 »

I have a couple of questions Re: regions in FRCS.

Is region listed separately from prerequisites in the regional feat descriptions?

Is [Regional] a category of feat, like [General], [Metamagic], etc?

What is the format of the regions chart? What is in what column, what is the order of the columns, etc?
-call me Andy, dammit
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Regional is the area of Toril that your char is from to see the dif regions, look at the map on page 29. To be eligible to pick feats/get starting equipment from that region, your character has to be from that region or (later in game play) get Knowledge (local region).

And, yes, you can think of regions as a pre-req. Your char has to be from there.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Moonwolf
Wuffle Master

Post by Moonwolf »

Regional feats have the prerequisite that you must either come from the region, or have 2 ranks in Knowledge(local) for that region. [Regional] is not a category of feat. Can't remember what the chart looks like, sorry.

Edit: Damn you Cash!
paladin2019
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by paladin2019 »

Yeah , I understand what region is, I am asking specifically about the format of the feat entries. Is it, for example

Feat [Regional]

Region: some place (as a separate category from prerequisites)
Prerequisites: Base attack bonus +#, # ranks of X skill
Benefit: You get a neat ability

in the same manner as

Alertness [General]
Benefit: The character gets a +2 bonus on all Listen checks and Spot checks.
Special: The master of a familiar gains the Alertness feat whenever the familiar is within arm’s reach.

And I ask because I don't have access to my FRCS and I am want to know exactly how this is set up after Dragon published regional feats for Greyhawk this month.
-call me Andy, dammit
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Yup. The specific region/race will be listed at a pre-req as well.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

As I recall, there were some very useful regional feats in Unapprochable East and Underdark. However, I believe the feats in the latter had more racial limits to them.
Moonwolf
Wuffle Master

Post by Moonwolf »

AH: Yup. Be a berserker from Rashemen, get the best barbarian feats ever. More con when raging, natural armour when raging, pounce ability (yeah, full attack on a charge), and other sick things.