Exalted IRC Game

A forum for discussing all roleplaying games, from Shadowrun to Bunnies and Burrows. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're discussing in the subject line.
Ratoslov
Tasty Human

Post by Ratoslov »

Well, it's all about two things....
First, what kind of PCs and when?
Second, what time?
Szechuan
No-Life Loser

Post by Szechuan »

Ratoslov wrote:Well, it's all about two things....
First, what kind of PCs and when?
Solars and perhaps a Dragon-Blooded if it's that important to someone - I'd like to keep things relatively simple for now. I've read all of the castebooks, the main book, The Lunars and Dragon-Blooded Fatsplats and the ST guide, but I'm still getting a feel for the world.

That said, it's going to be a fairly lighthearted game. Dice will be rolled but the game will still be conducted in a pseudo-freeform format. For example, an Exalt versus a mook or two is going to be no contest, so the players will have the freedom to toy around a bit without worrying about getting poked in the eye by a lucky roll. This also gives me the freedom to play a bit. Fighting other Exalts will still be dangerous.

Depending on how things progress, I'll introduce more aspects of the world when it seems appropriate. Initially it'll probably entail new Exalts figuring out just how their powers work while exploring the Threshold. Depending on who signs up, starting location and group introduction will vary. I'll include a few hooks, but I prefer a player-driven game.

I'm not comfortable enough with the setting to mangle the timeline just yet. Assume anything in the core book is applicable. Charms from the castebooks are also applicable, but I expect a level of player cooperation in knowing the costs/effects of their chosen charms. Sorcery is restricted to the main book for now.
Second, what time?
I'm available any day from 2-11pm Eastern. We'll probably play about once a week, on whichever day fits everyone's needs best.