[Australia] Gaming/Hobby Stores?

A forum for discussing all roleplaying games, from Shadowrun to Bunnies and Burrows. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're discussing in the subject line.
EvanMoore
Wuffle Trainer

[Australia] Gaming/Hobby Stores?

Post by EvanMoore »

Jes, CE, any other Oz residents, can you provide me a name/address/URL of gaming/hobby stores in your area?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
[blur]It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. --Andre Gide[/blur]
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

http://www.milsims.com.au -- This lot are the retail arm of Jedko, the major Australian distributor. They run a retail store (or stores?) in Melbourne, and mail-order to the rest of us. Good, cheap, and fairly efficient - lousy on feedback, though, so if something you're waiting for is out of stock, you won't hear about it until it actually arrives two months later.
http://www.napoleons.com.au - These guys are a military bookstore, sidelining in gaming stuff. They're not great, but they're the best in Brisbane. If I were mailordering, I'd go with MilSims, but since they're local I buy from there more often than the other local stores (which suck even harder).
http://www.dailyplanetonline.com.au - These guys do comics more than they do games, and they're fairly average.
http://www.wickedgames.com.au
http://www.wormholegames.com.au - I don't know anything about either of these outfits, but I'm told they're local to me.
__
Jeff Hauze: Wow. I think Jestyr just fucking kicked my ass.
EvanMoore
Wuffle Trainer

Post by EvanMoore »

Thank you, Jestyr. It is greatly appreciated.

I tried looking some things up on Google, but couldn't tell if they were real places or just "online presence" sorts of things.
[blur]It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. --Andre Gide[/blur]
Pepito Bastiardo
Tasty Human

Post by Pepito Bastiardo »

Jestyr, I dunno what your deals have been with MilSims, but I've known them for years and in my experiance, they ain't good, they ain't cheap and they sure as shit ain't effcient. I've seen them "pretend" to loose orders so that their mates don'thave to wait to get books and "accidently" loose the contact numbers of customers who have complained about fragged items in the mail. I don't use them unless they are throwing books out SUPERCHEAP. I do all of my RPG shopping online, and am saving upward of 50% on price (thank you the ozzie paso)
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

Of the Australian stores, they're the best (that I've found), and they're certainly cheaper than the stores around here. That should say something right there. :)
__
EvanMoore
Wuffle Trainer

Post by EvanMoore »

Jestyr wrote:the stores around here
Can you provide addresses for those, as well?
Pepito Bastiardo
Tasty Human

Jestyr wrote:Of the Australian stores, they're the best (that I've found), and they're certainly cheaper than the stores around here. That should say something right there. :)
As for Evan, why don't you just pull the addresses off the websites? I'm gonna hazard a guess and assume your looking to deal directly with Aussie stores to sell Promsed Sands. Nice idea, and I wish you well but you may find that actual sales verus cost and bother might not be profitable. We are a tiny, tiny market.
EvanMoore
Wuffle Trainer

Post by EvanMoore »

Pepito Bastiardo wrote:As for Evan, why don't you just pull the addresses off the websites? I'm gonna hazard a guess and assume your looking to deal directly with Aussie stores to sell Promsed Sands. Nice idea, and I wish you well but you may find that actual sales verus cost and bother might not be profitable. We are a tiny, tiny market.
Not quite.

When I looked up the Aussie stores, I was having trouble determining if they were local gaming stores or online stores. I also figured that most gaming stores--like here in the US--don't have an online website yet. So, searching the web for local stores was not going to do me much good.

I have no desire (and contractually, I cannot) deal directly to a retail store. I was planning to send them some literature to educate them about Promised Sands and tell them how they can order it and which distributors carry it.
Pepito Bastiardo
Tasty Human

oh. well in that case..give this a whirl.

Military Simulations
134 Cochranes Rd Morrabin.
PO box 1164 Moorabbin, Victoria, Australia.
Post code: 3189

Phone: (no idea what international code goes before this) 03 9555 8886
FAX: (ditto) 03 9553 3339
Email: sales@milsims.com.au
Web Site: www.milsims.com.au

Now send me a free copy! :D
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

International code is +61, and drop the 0 of the area code. So their phone number would be +61 3 9555 8886
__
EvanMoore
Wuffle Trainer

Post by EvanMoore »

Pepito Bastiardo wrote:Now send me a free copy! :D
If you can guarantee at least two more sales, I'll send you a free copy.

But, you'll have to pay shipping....

...and I'll need an address.
Pepito Bastiardo
Tasty Human

I was...like, kidding but okay!
_

Ahhhh....Treebeard.....Hehe....Ah Mate....Stop humping the Crucifix.....