[SR3] AVS

A forum for discussing all roleplaying games, from Shadowrun to Bunnies and Burrows. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're discussing in the subject line.
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

[SR3] AVS

Post by ak404 »

Well, well, well...I couldn't find these on the web, but I was rooting around some old zip disks, and lookee what I found...

:plode

Ares Silvergun
It's not stupid, it's advaaaaaanced.
Sheep bladders can prevent earthquakes!
Madness, bloody madness, I tell you!
"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing left to pursue." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

That shadowrun logo is fucking cool AK. Very, very cool.
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

Thanks, DV8. You know, I have no fucking idea where I found that thing, either. *shrug* If you feel like using it, go for it.
"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing left to pursue." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

AVS discussion! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

No shadowrun board is completely with out it. speaking of which...
CykoSpin
Wuffle Master

Post by CykoSpin »

DV8 wrote:That shadowrun logo is fucking cool AK. Very, very cool.
What!? Where!? What ultra-cool Shadowrun logo? I musta missed it. :(

Anyways...speaking of the ol' Ares Viper Slivergun...well, technically no one was talking about it here, but I'd never let such a technicality stop me, soooo...
Is there any OFFICIAL explanation of just how the fuck the AVS can get away with those stats? I simply refuse to allow them in my campaigns until I get to see just what the hell a silenced, burst-fire capable, flechette-only, 30-round capacity heavy pistol looks like, how the hell it works, and just how the fuck it can get away with a conceal rating of 6.

And on a similar note, the Remington Roomsweeper: 8 shot internal mag, conceal of 6 (yeah-fucking-right). I envision the Roomsweeper as looking like the flare pistol from Blood 2, which I think would have a conceal of less than 6 (I give it a 4, and that's being generous, in my opinion).

The flare pistol from Blood 2 (couldn't find a decent 1st-person pic; it's basically a big, 8-shot revolver).
_SURPRISE! I don't like you!
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Shadowrun needs more 'Holy Fuck That's Big' guns for people to carry under their longcoats. Because it's all about shooting the drone once, and watching it fall to pieces.
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

As the person that plays the rigger....

Hey!
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Sissyboy! Come out and suck bullets like the rest of us!

Because when it comes down to it, dumpshock is not as cool as a sucking chest wound.
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

Cash wrote:As the person that plays the rigger....

Hey!
*Whacks Cash over the head with a Zapper*

Have at thee turtle boy! :roll
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Silent Sniper
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Silent Sniper »

Cazmonster wrote:Shadowrun needs more 'Holy Fuck That's Big' guns for people to carry under their longcoats. Because it's all about shooting the drone once, and watching it fall to pieces.
What we need are some fuck-off big pistols, like that .600 Nitro Express revolver I found a couple months back. How can you not lovea pistol capable of bringing down an attack chopper?
_
The Duke of Slack
Wielder of the Axe of Mass Destruction
Keeper of the Food Loaf

Quote of the random period of time:
Beware, naughty children, for the bells herald Santa's dark harvest of souls...
Nexusvoid
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Nexusvoid »

Well, personally, I would think that the roomsweeper would look like a <a href=url=http://securityarms.com/20010315/galler ... htm>street sweeper</a>.
_
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

Aahh. *Dismissive hand gestures.*

Have your roomsweeper, I'm keeping my Saiga 12K. You just gotta love Raygun and his site. :D

But seriously, didn't the German version of the book have pictures of the different guns with a damn weird looking' sweeper?
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Anguirel
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Anguirel »

CykoSpin wrote:And on a similar note, the Remington Roomsweeper: 8 shot internal mag, conceal of 6 (yeah-fucking-right). I envision the Roomsweeper as looking like the flare pistol from Blood 2, which I think would have a conceal of less than 6 (I give it a 4, and that's being generous, in my opinion).
Well, an internal magazine isn't a revolver, so it wouldn't need to be that thick. Probably longer somewhere though. I don't imagine a helical-style feed would help matters much, but that's one possibility. Another is that it uses 60 years worth of advancements in technology, just like everything else. Unless you also want to complain about how Datajacks, VCRs, Dikote, Ruthenium, Monowire, T-birds, or magic work.

On a similar note this pistol holds 100 rounds.Image
Find a way to manage that helical clip as part of the grip rather than that top unit and I think a 6-concealability 30-round version is easily within the realm of possibility. Silencer and Burst-Fire may require a little more thought
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

Ah, the Calico. Wasn't that covered in FoF as the Ingram Super Mach 100?
CykoSpin
Wuffle Master

Post by CykoSpin »

Nah, the Ingram SuperMach was modeled after the FN P90, wasn't it?

Anguirel wrote:Another is that it uses 60 years worth of advancements in technology, just like everything else. Unless you also want to complain about how Datajacks, VCRs, Dikote, Ruthenium, Monowire, T-birds, or magic work.
Funny thing about that there, Anguirel, according to the SR3 technological curve, firearms barely advance at all in the next 60 years, or hadn't you noticed? ;)
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

God Calicoes are total kick ass guns. Me wantee.
sinsual
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by sinsual »

CykoSpin wrote:Nah, the Ingram SuperMach was modeled after the FN P90, wasn't it?
The P90 wasn't widely thought of or even a drawing back at the time the books were written but the Calco was.
www.evieshope.com
No infant should have Eye Cancer...
OverLord
Wuffle Initiate

Post by OverLord »

Cazmonster wrote:Shadowrun needs more 'Holy Fuck That's Big' guns for people to carry under their longcoats. Because it's all about shooting the drone once, and watching it fall to pieces.
Did somebody call me?
"If we would guide by the light of reason, we must let our minds be bold."
~Louis Brandeis
CykoSpin
Wuffle Master

Post by CykoSpin »

sinsual wrote:
CykoSpin wrote:Nah, the Ingram SuperMach was modeled after the FN P90, wasn't it?
The P90 wasn't widely thought of or even a drawing back at the time the books were written but the Calco was.
Alls I know is that I remember the picture of the SuperMach in the Street Samurai Catalouge lookin' a hell of a lot like a P90.
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

Looks more like a Calico to me, Cyk, but I think I mentioned that already.

This is a P90:

This is a Calico.

As is this.

OverLord
Wuffle Initiate

Post by OverLord »

Calico pretty. P90 ugly like Steyr AUG.
"If we would guide by the light of reason, we must let our minds be bold."
~Louis Brandeis
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Exactly how the hell you supposed to grip a damn P90?
Anguirel
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Anguirel »

Cazmonster wrote:Exactly how the hell you supposed to grip a damn P90?
With style, petite, with style...

I'd guess you put your index finger behind the trigger, your thumb through the hole behind the trigger and your remaining three fingers would go into the gap under the trigger along the angled bit. The lower-half of the large rear portion would end up flush against your fore-arm.
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Watch Stargate SG-1. The characters use P-90s. And in a neat bit of realism, the military has switched over to blue-green lasers. So they've done it on the show as well...
</font>
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

OverLord wrote:Calico pretty. P90 ugly like Steyr AUG.
Really? For me, the P90 looks a hell of a ot better than the Calico.
The 86 Rules of Boozing

CykoSpin
Wuffle Master

Post by CykoSpin »

ak404 wrote:This is a P90:

This is a Calico.
Yes, yes, I damn well know what a P90 and a Calico look like; for fuck's sake, I've likely forgotten more about firearms than most people around here know combined. on the other hand, my memory is quite fuzzy on Shadowrun weaponry design; I haven't so much as seen a copy of the Street Samurai catalogue for 6-or-so years, and the new books have neither Jack nor Shit as far as equipment pics are concerned. I do, however, remember seeing a picture of a SuperMach somewhere (years ago, mind you) and I remember it resembling a P90, and aside from that, it'd make a fuck of a lot more sense for it to be based on the P90 (the P90 having the more ludicrous rate of fire of the two).

{edit}
Just saw a picture of the SuperMach and it looks a bit like both, actually; Basically, it looks like a P90 (sans foregrip) with a helical magazine mounted on top. Although, in my opinion, it looks a helluva lot more like a "crossbreed" between a P90 and a PP-90A1.