Dragons Online

A forum for discussing all roleplaying games, from Shadowrun to Bunnies and Burrows. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're discussing in the subject line.
Brineshrimp
Bulldrek Pimp

Dragons Online

Post by Brineshrimp »

Okay, since I've been out of the SR loop for awhile, I've asked a few people online to help get me up to speed.

So, I present this question to you all....

Hestaby is the Orange Queen.
Celedyr is Script-Diver

What do their screen names mean?

Sort of an off-shoot: Is "The Laughing Man" Harlequin?

And one last one: On page 50 of the DotSW, The Laughing Man says, "Looks ilke Stoney is adopting some tricks from his sire's partner." To which Hestaby replies, "Former partner. Unfortunate, too; they could accomplish much together if they'd only get over that little spat."

WTF?!? Who is Stoney? Who's his sire? Who's his sire's partner? What little spat?!?

God, I've been away from the game too long.

Edit: Okay, I lied. One last question....

In Duckie's Will he left the Maltese Falcon to Lionel George Astor, "in gratitude for having introduced me to the film of the same name. I also leave 30,000 nuyen for the Friends of Film Noir—I hope your vid-to-simchip transfer project goes well."

Yet, in the DotSW on page 65 a guy by the name of "Haunter" mentions Ghostwalker recently paid a team of shadowrunners to steal the Maltese Falcon from the Smithsonian. How'd the Smithsonian get it?
This is my signature. Enjoy
God gave us a penis and a brain, but only enough blood to run one at a time.
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

Yes, The Laughing Man is Harlequin.

I'd have to check up on that, I havenae looked at the Dragons.pdf in awhile.

Could be the Maltese Falcon was donated to the Smithsonian. Or something else. Dunno.
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Re: Dragons Online

Post by FlakJacket »

Brineshrimp wrote:Yet, in the DotSW on page 65 a guy by the name of "Haunter" mentions Ghostwalker recently paid a team of shadowrunners to steal the Maltese Falcon from the Smithsonian. How'd the Smithsonian get it?
Heh. This all revolves round last years Origins and GenCon tourney adventures. The backstory was that Astor had lent the Smithsonian the Falcon to be put on display. Ghostwalker hired a team of runners to lift the statue from the museum and take it to Denver- this was what the groups at Origins played, be the shadowrunners and nick it.

For GenCon, the players were an FBI team that was dispatched to investigate and recover the statue. The Templars, from the Threats 2 sourcebook, also became involved at one stage but I don't really remember of that too well. Ask Bull or Pistons is you want to know more, they were tourney organiser/GM and GenCon GM respectively.
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Brineshrimp
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Brineshrimp »

Thank you, sir.

Very helpful indeed. Now, the next time I run into Bull, I have a whole sleuth of questions for him to answer. Ha-ha!
Pistons
Bulldrekker

Post by Pistons »

Some of your questions, young padawan, may be answered upon careful consideration of the Earthdawn Dragons .pdf. :)

The rest are pretty easy. Laughing Man=Harlequin ... dude. He wears CLOWN make-up. :)
(Plus, for the ED folks: I do think he may've been a devotee of Vestrial before he went mad. Makes all too much sense, neh?)

Orange Queen = well, there is her coloring. And didn't Shasta come in an orange flavor too? :)

Script-Diver used to be known by another name. I refer you to the "Stoney" comment and the recommendation to read the ED Dragons .pdf. :)

Lots of easter eggs, it has.
_<font size=1>`Ay,' he said. `folks should do their own fuckin', then they wouldn't want to listen to a lot of clatfart about another man's.'
- Oliver Mellors, <i>Lady Chatterley's Lover</i> </font>
Brineshrimp
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Brineshrimp »

This reading you speak of intrigues me. :)

Actually, I've never read through the entire ED dragons.pdf. Never had that much free time at work (since my computer at home would've blown up had I tried to access it.)

Can someone send me the link?

As for Hestaby: Yeah, I kind of figured her name had a lot to do with her coloration. I guess "Rust Queen" wouldn't have been as cool sounding. Nice Shasta connection, though. :)

Would "Stoney" refer to "Mountain Shadow" (AKA Dunkie)?

Also, what kind of relationship has the elves had with the dragons (ED historically speaking)?

I'm asking so many dragon questions, because I'm writing up a short bio of another dragon (two actually) that I'd like to use in a future game (and want to make sure it fits with the history of the game). Eventually I'd like to submit it to Adam for a hopeful spot in TSS.

We'll see.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Brineshrimp wrote:Can someone send me the link?
Perhaps...
Brineshrimp
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Brineshrimp »

Thank you, sir.

And a side note. I thin kI may have stumbled upon Ancient History's web site. If it indeed is his, I'd just like to say it was quite informative. Thanks.
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

No, Stony refers to Earthroot, the subterranean ED dragon. One of his nicknames was Stone-Diver (I think. It HAS benn a while since I read my copy of the .pdf time to dig it out.)
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

Brineshrimp wrote:Thank you, sir.

Very helpful indeed. Now, the next time I run into Bull, I have a whole sleuth of questions for him to answer. Ha-ha!
But! Nothing is life is free.

[voiceclass=Knights of Ni!] We demand a sacrifice! We want... another Gaming With post![/vc] :roll
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Brineshrimp
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Brineshrimp »

Will do, Flak. I just need some ideas.