[Promised Sands] Released

A forum for discussing all roleplaying games, from Shadowrun to Bunnies and Burrows. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're discussing in the subject line.
EvanMoore
Wuffle Trainer

[Promised Sands] Released

Post by EvanMoore »

For those of you who don't know this yet (can't imagine which of you that'd be...), Promised Sands has officially been released.

ACD Distribution has filled their warehouses, so your FLGS will be able to order fairly quickly (though I'm shipping the books to them today, so it might take some time to get them through their system...).

Other distributors have pledged their intent to order, as well--and fulfillment for them will be happening later in the week.

Our content-beleagered web-site is up--and we will have more content for you, again, later this week.

If you would like to order a copy direct, contact 1stB@bbrack.com to make arrangements. We are offering free shipping on direct orders for the rest of the month of May (if the order is placed in May, that is).

Promised Sands

We now return you to your regularly scheduled chaos...

EDIT: If you participated in the project and have not sent your mailing address to:

EvanMoore@aol.com

Then that could be why your mailbox is empty and you aren't flipping through the pages of Promised Sands.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
[blur]It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. --Andre Gide[/blur]
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

The website looks very spiffy, Evan.
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Yes, it does, glad you could find someone to do that for you :) Please let whomever they are know that they are more than welcome to take over savagerealm.net's content if they wish, as they probably have more time to devote to its future development than I do :) Might want to stick a little 'contact the webmaster' link on the bottom of the pages, too, just for technical issues :)

As for my address, it would have an easier time not getting lost if it was sent to me c/o Winternight Technologies at the P.O. Box address. I'm not exactly impressed with local package service here ;)
_
"Are you alright?"
"I'm a little fucked up in general so its hard to tell."
EvanMoore
Wuffle Trainer

Post by EvanMoore »

DV8,
Thank you.

You're in Europe and our European distribution is lagging behind. If you are interested in a copy sent direct, let me know. Email at: 1stB@bbrack.com

Thanks for the compliments on the website. The guy who did the art for our races and archetypes did the website. I'll check to see if he wants to tackle Savagerealm.net.

He's still not able to do a few things--like create shopping carts and all that. I will certainly need some assistance there, Wildfire, if you're available...

Evan
[blur]It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. --Andre Gide[/blur]
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Where'd you disappear away to?
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
EvanMoore
Wuffle Trainer

Post by EvanMoore »

FB,
Honestly? I just got too busy. I could toss in that I got tired of some abuse--but, you know, I have to realize I'm just the kind of guy who gets abuse in a social setting--even a virtual one. So, that wasn't really that much of it. It was just that I was far too busy to be here when I was finishing up the layout, editing, printing etc. of Promised Sands.

It really is a full time job to produce a book--and with my day job requiring travel and a lot of my mental energy, I just didn't have time to come here and chat it up with everyone.

But, thanks for noticing I was missing. I always hate those "I'm leaving" threads, so I didn't bother.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Welcome back.
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

And here I was about to ask what Promised Sands was all about. It's been awhile since I've seen a good desert/Orientalist setting.
"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing left to pursue." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Now be sure to ask when Promised Sands d20 is coming out. :D
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
EvanMoore
Wuffle Trainer

Post by EvanMoore »

Cash wrote:Now be sure to ask when Promised Sands d20 is coming out. :D
If we could have done the character generation and experience distribution, there would have been another book: 'Promised Sands D20'

However, when my lawyer read the various paperwork, his advice was to stay as far away from it as possible. I am not a D20 fan. That's fairly well known. But I would not have had a problem if the Mark of Sat ... er ... "d20 logo" was on my book--if that meant I could freely sell the product without giving away certain rights that I'd like to maintain.

All that being said, the head of all roleplaying for WotC busted my chops at GAMA and told me (contrary to my legal advice) that everything I did in Promised Sands was allowed under the OGL.

After that, however, I talked to a D20 producer I respect (who shall remain nameless) and his response was "He doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. You couldn't do any of what you did for Char Gen under the OGL."

All that being said, I'm still interestd in finding someone who can do a D20 conversion...
Adam
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Adam »

Oh, just wait for BESM d20 and build it from that. ;-)
Pistons
Bulldrekker

Post by Pistons »

Horking aside (you the pimpmasta, Adam :D), he could prolly try it out BESMd20 style; El-Hazard, although anime, has a distinctive Middle Eastern flavor. :)
_<font size=1>`Ay,' he said. `folks should do their own fuckin', then they wouldn't want to listen to a lot of clatfart about another man's.'
- Oliver Mellors, <i>Lady Chatterley's Lover</i> </font>
Adam

Post by Adam »

I wouldn't have mentioned it, but I saw someone say "If you like Trigun, you'll like Promised Sands." Now I haven't seen Trigun, but I did see a dozen people dressed up like Vash last weekend, and a bunch of them liked BESM and BESM d20. :)
Pistons
Bulldrekker

Post by Pistons »

I don't know much about Trigun, but on the surface it doesn't seem to have anything to do with a game like Promised Sands (which I also possess only surface knowledge). Seems weird to me that someone would make that comparison, but I am also notorious as a know-nothing.

Aside from that ... as I recall, our own Michelle -- Lady A! -- did the Trigun book for GoO ... :D (Hork hork hork!)
_<font size=1>`Ay,' he said. `folks should do their own fuckin', then they wouldn't want to listen to a lot of clatfart about another man's.'
Adam

Post by Adam »

She wrote both Trigun books for GoO, actually. ;-)
EvanMoore
Wuffle Trainer

Post by EvanMoore »

Pistons wrote:Promised Sands (which I also possess only surface knowledge).
...and I even offered for you to write up additional details on one of the must unique and interesting cultures in the book... :)

Elissa,
Email Benjamin @ 1stB@bbrack.com if you're interested in learning more and/or freelancing...

Evan
Pistons
Bulldrekker

Post by Pistons »

No can do. I'm busy up until Origins. If I take on anything else right now, I'll be shorting someone else -- not good.
EvanMoore
Wuffle Trainer

Post by EvanMoore »

Totally understood.

Our next big writing tasks will begin in July and August respectively--if you're interested, you know where to send the email.

We have two new product lines we're developing this fall for release next year. Separate from Promised Sands--which we're watching carefully to see if sales warrant additional sourcebooks.

I still think you would've been perfect to write up the expansion of the Myrshal culture...