BeCKS v2 Now Available

A forum for discussing all roleplaying games, from Shadowrun to Bunnies and Burrows. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're discussing in the subject line.
Adam
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

BeCKS v2 Now Available

Post by Adam »

The Shadowrun Supplemental is pleased to announce that the stand-alone release of BeCKS - Bethyaga's Complete Karma System Version 2 - is now available at <a href="http://tss.dumpshock.com">http://tss.dumpshock.com</a>

BeCKS v2 allows you to create Shadowrun, Third Edition characters using Karma as opposed to Points or Priorities, allowing for smoother progression between character generation and later advancement. It alsow allows for more variance between starting characters - any amount of Karma can be allocated at generation, so you can easily play street newbies or veteran 'runners.

The major changes from the previous version include:
* New rules for otaku, shapeshifters ghouls, and SURGE.
* Total revision of resources. Resources may now be purchased 1 Karma point at a time with an increasing stepped progression. The top end has been lowered to 120 Karma.
* Reduction of Contact costs.
* Slightly increased costs for Trolls.
* The "extended character creation phase" option has been removed. Instead, the "standard" BeCKS rules are followed by options and guidelines for customizing them for individual campaigns.

BeCKS v2 also includes a Frequently Asked Questions list and four sample characters.

Author Mike Jones is unable to comment, as he is busy being served on hand and foot by his many fans. Says one female fan: "BeCKS? It's just good Karma! Mike Jones saved my Shadowrun campaign!". The editor of The Shadowrun Supplemental, Adam Jury, would like many people to download BeCKS v2, so he's not going to pimp the great features of BeCKS v2 any more, and instead just point out that you can download it for free at <a href="http://tss.dumpshock.com/">http://tss.dumpshock.com/</a>!

<b>About The Shadowrun Supplemental</b>
The Shadowrun Supplemental is the longest continually running Shadowrun magazine in existence. We publish adventures, characters, locations, rules, equipment, spells, reviews, and just about anything to do with Shadowrun! The Shadowrun Supplemental is dedicated to providing new and interesting source material for the Shadowrun role-playing game.

Submission guidelines are available at <a href="http://tss.dumpshock.com/guidelines.htm ... es.html</a>.
Bethyaga
Knight of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Bethyaga »

DSF echo:
Bethyaga wrote:I just found an error. Sample character Seamus has a restriction of "No skills higher than 5." But I slipped and gave him a single skill of 6. Crap. We'll have to assume that I got GM permission because it fit the character concept so well.
Crap crap crap. I was trying to be so careful about the numbers this time.

*sigh* It's probably just the first of many.
_Whoever invented that brush that goes next to the toilet is an idiot, cuz that thing hurts.
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Re: BeCKS v2 Now Available

Post by FlakJacket »

Adam wrote:The Shadowrun Supplemental is pleased to announce that the stand-alone release of BeCKS - Bethyaga's Complete Karma System Version 2 - is now available at <a href="http://tss.dumpshock.com">http://tss.dumpshock.com</a>
Yeah yeah yeah, very nice I'm sure. Kudo to Bethyaga. Where's our Seattle bitch? :)
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

:lol

Seriously, guys, it looks great. I'm thinking about using it for my next campaign.
Nexusvoid
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Nexusvoid »

Is the background for the resource table on page 4 only supposed to go down half way?

Edit: Doh, forgot to say nice work, guys. :D
_
Adam
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Adam »

Nexusvoid wrote:Is the background for the resource table on page 4 only supposed to go down half way?
No. Fixed.
Darth Sophia
Tasty Human

Post by Darth Sophia »

Excellent!!!

BeCKS has got to be my favourite CharGen system - Kudos!
---------------------------------------------------------------
*HISS!!!*
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

Two thumbs up! Excellent holiday fun.

(Name that quote...)
__
Jeff Hauze: Wow. I think Jestyr just fucking kicked my ass.
Jackal
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Jackal »

Kick ass system

One thing I have to ask about, under Shapshifters it has "(i.e. 40 Karma for 5,000; 80 Karma for 40,000; etc.).", wouldn't 40 karma get you 10,000 ¥ instead of 5,000 ¥?

Also, does karma not spent become good karma?
_
“Logic merely enables one to be wrong with authority.”
Bethyaga
Knight of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Bethyaga »

Jackal wrote:Kick ass system
Thanks.
One thing I have to ask about, under Shapshifters it has "(i.e. 40 Karma for 5,000; 80 Karma for 40,000; etc.).", wouldn't 40 karma get you 10,000 ¥ instead of 5,000 ¥?
Yes.
Also, does karma not spent become good karma?
No. You spend it or lose it.

But if a GM wanted to play it that way, there would be nothing wrong with it. I would say you can leave unspent karma as good karma, but also set a cap (of like 4 or 5). Just because I know how hard it can be to find a way to invest that last 2 karma constructively.
_Whoever invented that brush that goes next to the toilet is an idiot, cuz that thing hurts.
paladin2019
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by paladin2019 »

Where is this hosted now?
-call me Andy, dammit
Just Pete
Tasty Human

Post by Just Pete »

_<font color=#5c7898>Run, don't walk, to the nearest exit.</font>

<font color=red>It's funny how lately it seems, that I'm left alone with just my dreams,
and even though my dreams are few; it's funny how they're all of you!
- The Love of My Life</font>
paladin2019
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by paladin2019 »

Danke
-call me Andy, dammit