GAMA goodies...

A forum for discussing all roleplaying games, from Shadowrun to Bunnies and Burrows. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're discussing in the subject line.
EvanMoore
Wuffle Trainer

GAMA goodies...

Post by EvanMoore »

Okay, before I post this stuff on Ebay, I thought I'd let you all know about it, in case you are collectors of this kind of stuff. I'd rather give other gamers a real joy than some collector who has a lot of money.

I have some "Hero Clix" figures--Spiderman and Batman. These are "Mage Knight" type things. They aren't playable, because they have things like "Coming in August 2002" instead of their stats on the base.

I also have a BattleMech that is supposed to be only availalbe through these trade shows. They gave a name to it--the name of the designer, I think. It is also not playable, having "Coming in August 2002" instead of stats.

I've got some decks of a game called "Warlord" and a bunch of boosters.

I also have a bunch of something called "Magi-Nation"--sealed starter decks, full-size starter decks and some boosters.

There's a copy of SpyCraft by AEG in the pile, too. D20 based spy game.

I've got some other things.

If you want them, email me.

As I said, I'd rather have a gamer who will truly enjoy them purchase them from me than some collector where they won't be loved...

...but, I am looking for money for these things.

I'm hoping to finance my trip with these freebies.

If there's interest, I'll post the list of the freebies I picked up while I was there...

If not, then "We're off to see the Ebay, the wonderful Ebay of odd..."

Evan
---------------------------------------------------------------------
[blur]It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. --Andre Gide[/blur]
Bull
Tasty Human

Post by Bull »

Hrmm... What would you want for the Hero Clix figs?

Bull
Bull's Place at Dumpshock!

"Order is Illusion! Chaos is Bliss! Got any Fours?"
EvanMoore
Wuffle Trainer

Post by EvanMoore »

Bull,
I'm really not sure what these guys are worth, to be honest.

Hit me with an offer.

Evan

P.S. The "hit" is metaphorical, I hope you realize... <ducking>
[blur]It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. --Andre Gide[/blur]
Paladin
Tasty Human

Post by Paladin »

the warlord cards: are they a special edition/printing for Gama? or are they just regular booster packs?

Paladin
EvanMoore
Wuffle Trainer

Post by EvanMoore »

Paladin wrote: the warlord cards: are they a special edition/printing for Gama? or are they just regular booster packs?
From what I can tell, they are normal. However. I don't know anything about Warlord. I could probably scan the boxes and boosters for you, if that would help. Might take a little time, though...

Evan
Bull
Tasty Human

Post by Bull »

Evan: I have no idea what these are worth, honestly :] How many do you have of each, or is it just one of each?

I guess one question is, do they have stats on the dials? I've heard conflicting reports, but I believe that a lot of the promo ones that were sent off to retailers (I got to check out Spidey yesterday, very nicely detailed :)) don't have the statline, so while they're neat collectibles, they're not so neat when it comes to playing :]

Bull
Bull's Place at Dumpshock!

"Order is Illusion! Chaos is Bliss! Got any Fours?"
EvanMoore
Wuffle Trainer

Post by EvanMoore »

Bull,
No, they are promo collectibles. From what I can tell, they are unplayable. I've seen a few of them on eBay and I notice that on the pictures the people took, they avoided showing that the stats are not on the disk. The disk says, "Coming in August 2002".

These are not playable. They are strictly collectible.

I have 4 Spideys and 2 Batman.

Twenty years from now, they'll be worth $500 a pop. The question is, do I want to wait 20 years? <chuckles>

I may just toss them in my "collectible closet" and forget about them for two decades.

Evan
Adam
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Adam »

Tradition dictates that you don't actually sell this sort of stuff right away, but you just trade it for other stuff that you DO want. :D
Paladin
Tasty Human

Post by Paladin »

Evan wrote:
From what I can tell, they are normal. However. I don't know anything about Warlord. I could probably scan the boxes and boosters for you, if that would help. Might take a little time, though...
If you would, thatd be really cool.

Paladin
EvanMoore
Wuffle Trainer

Post by EvanMoore »

Tradition, then!

What do you want to TRADE for these little doohickeys and promos?

Did I mention there're some Battletech guys, too?

And a copy of SpyCraft (D20) by AEG that's due to be released in August? (Hardcover)

There's more.

Since I'm off work today (though I have a ton of things to do), I'll try to get a list for you...

Evan
Paladin
Tasty Human

Post by Paladin »

I dunno. I have a promo copy of the original lemmings. or An old basic Dnd adventure labled something like beta 14.

I've also got a dimension 17 or 7(I'mm not at home at the moment) tag that you can hang right next to your one from Gama. Its signed by arik renee aguila. I've also got a few signed cards. Got it from akon. I have a staff badge from Akon as well, and also one from UshiCon. There is also a bunch of other extraneous shit lying around.

Paladin
EvanMoore
Wuffle Trainer

Post by EvanMoore »

Oh, hey, Bull....

I just discovered last night that the Spiderman (and probably the Batman, too) heroclix are playable, with stats.

One of my girls opened one from the cellophane and it's got stats on it.

I traded that one to a friend, but I'm sure the others are like it.

Honestly, I'm not that into collectible stuff. I'm more into useful things. New GURPS books would make me happy.

Oh, and would anyone be interested in a Deities and Demigods original printing that has Cthulhu and Melnibonean (I think that's the other one that was supposed to be reomved after the law suits) stats in them?

It's in excellent shape, a little yellow with age and has a name written on the first (blank) page.

This one I want cash for. At least $200.

Evan
Paladin
Tasty Human

Post by Paladin »

Oh, and would anyone be interested in a Deities and Demigods original printing that has Cthulhu and Melnibonean (I think that's the other one that was supposed to be reomved after the law suits) stats in them?
*Points*

I have one of those!!!

Lets see, I dont play gurps, so... want a copy of Rigger 3 for shadowrun? I never use it, and have never. I wanted to get around to reading it eventually, but I've never found time. I'm really not much of the rigger type anyway.

Paladin
EvanMoore
Wuffle Trainer

Post by EvanMoore »

I haven't picked up any of the newest releases for Shadowrun, yet. So, if you want to trade that, it works.

I am a stickler for condition, though....

Paladin, if your offer is solid for the Rigger 3 in exchange for the heroclix dudes--you want a Spidey and a Batman, I presume? I'll swap with you.

Email me: evanmoore@aol.com

We'll work out the details.

Evan
Paladin
Tasty Human

Post by Paladin »

I was asking about the warlord cards...

Paladin
EvanMoore
Wuffle Trainer

Post by EvanMoore »

Okies. Email me and we'll discuss it....

Evan