[D&D3E] More Half-Planar Templates?

A forum for discussing all roleplaying games, from Shadowrun to Bunnies and Burrows. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're discussing in the subject line.
Anguirel
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

[D&D3E] More Half-Planar Templates?

Post by Anguirel »

Pursuant to ideas touched on in a previous topic, I'm going to attempt to develop the Light or Etheral-Planar (something to oppose Plane of Shadows) and Astral-Planar (or other Neutral Plane, but I thought Etheral / Astral / Shadow seemed to work well in the D&D cosmology and I like the Shade Template from the FRC) templates. Specifically looking for Half-Planar and Plane-Touched variants, though I think I could probably tone down a Half-Planar appropriately. After I get some time, Ill post my versions for review but I figured I'd try soliciting some ideas before I started so if I got stuck I could come here to get moving again. So... what abilities do they get, and what drawbacks exist? What visual changes occur? Once I have something coherent worked up for either template, I'll post again...
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.
The Traveler
Wuffle Trainer

Post by The Traveler »

There were a buttload in a recent issue of Dragon, and at least a few in the Epic Level Handbook...
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Trav: any idea what issue?
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Found it. Issue 297, July 2002. Now the question becomes how do I get a hold of it?
Eliahad
Squire of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eliahad »

Generally, I close my hand around something making use of my opposable thumbs. How about you?
The Traveler
Wuffle Trainer

Post by The Traveler »

MooCow wrote:Found it. Issue 297, July 2002. Now the question becomes how do I get a hold of it?
Might I suggest here. Talon has a good selection of back-issues of Dragon.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Eliahad wrote:Generally, I close my hand around something making use of my opposable thumbs. How about you?
:lol
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>