Check this out. Shadowrun Organization.

A forum for discussing all roleplaying games, from Shadowrun to Bunnies and Burrows. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're discussing in the subject line.
Serious Paul
Devil

Check this out. Shadowrun Organization.

Post by Serious Paul »

I take no credit for this, Arcanum V posted this Here.

I will cut and paste his portion of it.

I've used these folks in one of my stories:

Revelation Nine Ranch

The Revelation Nine Ranch is located just outside of Scotty's Junction in Death Valley. Specifically, they live in Scotty's Castle in Death Valley (the geographically lowest part of North America) near the Ubehebe Crater, home of the sliding rocks and the subject of a nice amount of creepiness in the California Free State sourcebook.

This cult reads heavily out of the Book of Revelation and is positive that Death Valley is the “bottomless pit” of Revelation 9 and possibly Revelation 13 and 20 as well. The group believes that metahumanity is the mark of the saved and that the four different sets of three tribes mentioned in Revelation 7:4-8 are the four main metahuman species. The group is entirely metahuman and vehemently opposed to humanity, who lack the seal of God.

The head of the cult is a troll known as Angel Five (his real name is Mike Porthos). Angel Five is a scorpion shaman who believes that he has been given the key to the Bottomless Pit. When the time comes (after the other four angels have sounded their horns) he is to unlock the Bottomless Pit and release its scorpions on those without the mark of God (humans).

He’s pretty sure the time is soon (see below). The group is well-armed and ready for their mission, since they assume that they will be the vanguard when Apollyon appears. This cult is a thin veneer of apocalyptic Christianity hung over racism and hatred.

In fact, Angel Five does have a key to the Ares Arcology (see below), and he believes that the Arcology is the Bottomless Pit. At one point in his life, Angel Five was a security guard at the arcology. When Ares sealed the arcology, they entrusted the passkey to him. Shortly thereafter, he received his shamanic calling and formed the Revelation Nine group. He now carries a carven joshua tree staff through which he casts his magic.

Also note that he is waiting for the fourth horn to sound. The fourth horn signals an astronomical event in which a third of the sun, moon, and stars are obscured for a third of a day and night.

The Ares Arcology is a large, abandoned underground arcology built into the desert floor. It was originally a missile silo until Ares bought it and converted it into a research facility, only to close it several years ago when it become dangerously inhabited.

The specifics of the inhabitation are unique to the cosmology of my game and would only make sense under the same circumstances. Feel free to populate this dungeon crawl with whatever you want. The buggier it is, the better, especially since the Keeper of the Key, Angel Five, is an apocalyptic Christian scorpion shaman. This is the original description from my own notes:

Despite Angel Five’s interpretations of the Book of Revelation, there really isn’t a single nasty thing in the Ares Pit. There are hundreds. The top levels are populated by Ares robotic drone guardians, modelled on ants. Most of them are ground-bound, but a few are winged.

The next levels are populated with very large, very poisonous ants, a kind of Awakened version of the fire ant. The further into the Pit one goes, the worse the ants get, eventually featuring mutations like scorpion tails (and venom), vaguely humanoid faces, and wings in accordance with Revelation 9.

The reality of the Pit also disintegrates as one goes deeper. The clean, technical mechanical structure of the Pit gives way to a damp, hive-like feel. The ants towards the bottom of the Pit are mechanical-organic nightmarish things with both drone and Awakened ant features. The corridors become tunnels and the air takes on a definite stench. This is, in fact, a journey into one aspect of Metropolis.

The "Metropolis" reference connects with the Kult RPG. I finally ended up populating the Pit with drones (mechanical spider-ants with tools, blowtorches, spot-welders, drills, electric saws, etc), modified Techrones (1 meter tall mechanical spider-ants with biological parts with organic brains, multiple limbs, and viscera), Nachtkafers (.5+ m long huge cockroaches or beetles covered with bluish-red boils dripping acidic pus), and Nachtkafer soldiers (1.5 m long cockroaches or beetles with a vaguely humanoid look covered with bluish-red boils dripping acidic pus organized -- think thri-kreen only with a beetle model rather than a mantis -- into units of 3-4 soldiers). Techrones and Nachtkafers are from the Kult RPG. My players hated this run. . . in a good way. They still recall this as one of the most harrowing, most horrifying things thay've ever done.

The theology of the Revelation Nine Ranch is based on their interpretation of the Revelation of John of Patmos (the last book of the New Testament). I've quoted some of the relevant bits below, and the italicized lines are the interpretations of the preceding lines:

Revelation 6:2: And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

Pestilence (fairly broad, but definitely VITAS)

3: And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.
4: And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

War (a lot of them, esp. Libya-Israel and the Euro-Wars)

5: And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

This is Famine, a possible outcome of the wars or an interpretation of anti-metahuman prejudice causing many metahumans to starve.

[. . .]

12: And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

New York Quake of 2005

13: And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

Japanese develop a solar collector that beams microwave energy to earth (2006).

14: And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

Resource Rush of 2002-2008

[. . .]

Revelation 7:2: And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
3: Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

The “seal” would be a mark of some kind. Angel Five believes that being metahuman is the seal, and humans don't have it.

4: And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
5: Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.
6: Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nepthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.
7: Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.
8: Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.

For Angel Five, this proves that the sealed are in the minority and supports the argument that the metahumans are the saved. Note that there are four groups of three, totalling the twelve tribes. Angel Five believes that each group represents one major metahuman race.

[. . .]

Revelation 8:5: And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.

The End Times

6: And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.
7: The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

The Pac-Rim War(Unique to my game.)

8: And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;
9: And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.

The Thor shots into Yamatetsu ships (Apr. 14) and headquarters (Apr. 16).(Unique to my game.)

10: And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;
11: And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

The Thor shots into Knight City, Monterey, and Squid City on Apr. 20.(Unique to my game.)

12: And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.

?????

[. . .]

And then Revelation 9 is where Angel Five finds his identity and the prophecy about the Pit.
I thought this was damn neat.