BeCKS and SURGE

A forum for discussing all roleplaying games, from Shadowrun to Bunnies and Burrows. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're discussing in the subject line.
Atragon
Wuffle Student

BeCKS and SURGE

Post by Atragon »

Has BeCKS had SURGE integrated into it yet? I'm asking because NSRCG doesn't have the SURGE changeling option under the BeCKS character generation tab, unlike the Build Point system tab.
Bethyaga
Knight of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Bethyaga »

No.

I don't own any new books (nothing since MiTS), and I haven't played SR in a couple years.

Anyone else is welcome to take a shot at it, but there's nothing "official" at this point.
_Whoever invented that brush that goes next to the toilet is an idiot, cuz that thing hurts.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Serious Paul makes a note to Send Bethyaga books, now!
Darth Sophia
Tasty Human

Post by Darth Sophia »

Bethyaga wrote:No.

I don't own any new books (nothing since MiTS), and I haven't played SR in a couple years.

Anyone else is welcome to take a shot at it, but there's nothing "official" at this point.
You're giving up SR? :eek Say it ain't so! I love BeCKS; it is the ONLY way to create SR characters!
---------------------------------------------------------------
*HISS!!!*
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

The shadowrun and "re-edutcation" of Bethy is set for 2 weeks from now. Who's in? Method of insertion into Bethy's home:: FedEx box. :D
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Darth Sophia
Tasty Human

Post by Darth Sophia »

Cash wrote:The shadowrun and "re-edutcation" of Bethy is set for 2 weeks from now. Who's in? Method of insertion into Bethy's home:: FedEx box. :D
I've been in worse boxes! FedEx me from Australia to Bethy's house. I might be mighty hungry on arrival, though... :kwyn
*HISS!!!*
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

then you'll want to talk to his kids for postal prices...
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Ampere
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Ampere »

NONONononononono...
See...SURGE never really happened. We don't talk about that here.
I don't know what you mean by SURGE either.
You must be mistaken...
Adam
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Adam »

SURGE? Wut? ;-)
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

It's a foul tasting soda.
</font>
Icepick
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Icepick »

Darth Sophia wrote:

You're giving up SR? :eek Say it ain't so! I love BeCKS; it is the ONLY way to create SR characters!
Booya, BeCKS rocks. If you give up SR, the sith WILL kill you. It will be the most painful and horrible death you will ever experience, and you will NEVER forget it. Reincarnation is a bitch.
_
"If you stand to reason, you're in the game
The rules are elusive but all pieces are the same
if one goes down, we all go down as well
The balance is precarious as anyone can tell
This world's going to hell"
-Bad Religion, "Kyoto Now"</hr>
Darth Sophia
Tasty Human

Post by Darth Sophia »

Icepick wrote:
Darth Sophia wrote:

Booya, BeCKS rocks. If you give up SR, the sith WILL kill you. It will be the most painful and horrible death you will ever experience, and you will NEVER forget it. Reincarnation is a bitch.
LOL!
*HISS!!!*
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

Sadly, I have only a limited amount of gaming time. And truth to tell, SR is really just too damn complicated for me to take seriously anymore. I know that sounds silly from the guy who made SR character creation about 5 times more complicated, but it's true. Even back when I was really really good with SR and had all the rules memorized, it still wound up every Saturday that a five minute combat would take up three hours of a five hour session. Tactical combat is just not that damn important to me. (Although surprisingly, I still dig D&D3e. It may be massively complex, but somehow it plays fast for me.)

I keep waiting for Adam to produce me some rules-lite cyber-fantasy rules so I can play SR in Fudge or Tri-Stat or something. ;)
_Whoever invented that brush that goes next to the toilet is an idiot, cuz that thing hurts.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Remind me to smack you Bethyaga.

Better yet, instead remind me to come to your house to game. 3 hours? Hellz no! One of these days I can show you my rules light version of SR as it is. Ask 32. It rocks.
Icepick
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Icepick »

Ah, there's your problem, you're only doing 5 hour sessions. Once you do 72 hour sessions, you never want to go back. We ran entire stories at a time, not just sessions. We happened to take a couple of small breaks for pizzas and sodas, and one guy did a bit of crystal meth(but that's neither here nor there), and when we did, we'd do exp then and there.
_
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

Well, for the record, Serious Paul is an unforgivable bastard.

I've had BeCKS v2.0 drawn up for months now, but not polished. And now Paul's gone and sucked me into a fucking game and rekindled my interest. Hopefully, BeCKS 2 will be ready to share sooner than later.

Although it still won't deal with Otaku or SURGE.
Atragon
Wuffle Student

Post by Atragon »

Bethyaga wrote:Although it still won't deal with Otaku or SURGE.
SURGE isn't that hard to add... :) Just do it ala buildpoint system and make them edges/flaws for starting characters. :)
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

Thank you.

And somewhere along the line, I talked through an process for Otaku with someone. I think it was on DSF, but I've never been able to find it since. I think I may have dreamed it.
Adam
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Adam »

I remember it. Now, finding the thread may be trickier... especially as it may have been on the old forums.

How about this: http://forums.dumpshock.com/ubb//Forum2 ... 01241.html

and this: http://forums.dumpshock.com/ubb//Forum9 ... 00024.html
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

Adam wrote:I remember it. Now, finding the thread may be trickier... especially as it may have been on the old forums.

How about this: http://forums.dumpshock.com/ubb//Forum2 ... 01241.html

and this: http://forums.dumpshock.com/ubb//Forum9 ... 00024.html
THANK YOU!!!

I had the second one already, but for some reason, I never could turn up that first link.

Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

Thus completes the full history of BeCKS development:

Old Bulldrek: The initial seeds of BeCKS are sown.
Brown DSF: Most of the working features of BeCKS are hammered out (with much thanks to Thanee for seeing it all before I did)
Old Bulldrek: The first polished version of BeCKS
Brown DSF: Original Q&A on BeCKS in TSS
Brown DSF: The latest Q&A for development of BeCKS v2.0

I feel so much better now.
Icepick
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Icepick »

Wow, brown DSF, taking me back to the days before it was legal for me to drink...
_