Earthdawn/RL reference

A forum for discussing all roleplaying games, from Shadowrun to Bunnies and Burrows. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're discussing in the subject line.
Moonwolf
Wuffle Master

Earthdawn/RL reference

Post by Moonwolf »

Ok, bear with me here, 'cause I'm going to go through this in the order I found it out.

In YotC (SR), a reference is made, in shadowtalk, to the star Wormwood falling and polluting the rivers and seas. A reply, also in shadowtalk, says that Chernobyl(sp? I'm never sure) did it already, becuase Chernobyl is Russian for Wormwood.

In Earthdawn, the area known as Blood Wood in the current (in game) time setting was known as Wyrm Wood, before Alachaia(sp? sorry) was forced to perform the Ritual of Thorns to stop the Horrors from killing them all. Alachaia had to do this because she was overconfident in her ability to protect Wyrm Wood.

The area that is Blood Wood in Earthdawn is over the area that Chernobyl is currently in.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

All true.
Toryu
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Toryu »

That's pretty nifty. I had no idea of that.
"What is it about blogs, forums and LiveJournal that just invite stupid fights, Davan? Is acting like an ass a clause in the user agreement?"