[ED] Quickstart Rules

A forum for discussing all roleplaying games, from Shadowrun to Bunnies and Burrows. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're discussing in the subject line.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

[ED] Quickstart Rules

Post by MooCow »

Does anyone know where I could get something akin to Quickstart Rules for Earthdawn? I want to get an ED game going, but none of my players have ever played. I only have one copy of 2nd ed, and 1 copy of 1st ed. I need basic rules handouts so people can start creating characters, and for reference during our character creation session.
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

Sure, FASA had a little "get started" ED CD, and an introductory Kaer crawl with pre-made Characters.

I could probably hook you up with copies of either, considering I have a scanner and hardcopies available.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Are there alot of differences between 1st and 2nd edition character creation? I haven't really sat down and investigated.
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

Not as such. 2nd edition has more skill points and some different talent lists.

However, please see Earthdawn Classic, which is being published by Red Brick over in the antipodes, and is strictly first edition, rather than Living Room Game's Second Edition (I believe they may also have a starting adventure on their downloads page, but no characters).