Sign the Shadowrun PC game petition!

A forum for discussing all roleplaying games, from Shadowrun to Bunnies and Burrows. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're discussing in the subject line.
Buzzed
Bulldrek Junkie

Sign the Shadowrun PC game petition!

Post by Buzzed »

View the petition and sign it here:

http://www.petitiononline.com/shdrun03/petition.html
Adam
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Adam »

*snicker*
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

Adam's being evil again.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Read about it in his LJ.
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Adam

Post by Adam »

No, no. I'm being derisive.
Eliahad
Squire of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eliahad »

So was Cash.
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

Jesus. *snort* That's just embarrassing.
__
Jeff Hauze: Wow. I think Jestyr just fucking kicked my ass.
Bethyaga
Knight of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Bethyaga »

*sigh*

Oh my God! A Shadowrun video game? Thank God for this petition, 'cuz all we had in the works was this CD full of cool SR Duels wallpaper for Linux. Fuck me... we could have been working on a GAME all this time! Why has no one ever thought of this before now? What do I pay you people for?
_Whoever invented that brush that goes next to the toilet is an idiot, cuz that thing hurts.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

You know, it might be a tad naive, but at least some people are trying to make a difference. I don't think you should stiffle that initiative by being derisive.
Kwyndig
Grand Marshall of the Imperium
Location: The Orbiting Volcano Lair, high above the surface of Bulldrek

Post by Kwyndig »

I honestly don't think MS gives a shit what sort of online petitions people sign. Do people even pay attention to those things at all?
kwyndig@yahoo.com This sig for rent, reasonable rates
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

DV8 wrote:You know, it might be a tad naive, but at least some people are trying to make a difference. I don't think you should stiffle that initiative by being derisive.
A half-dozen well-written letters--letters on actual paper--would make far more difference than 500 names on an online petition.
_Whoever invented that brush that goes next to the toilet is an idiot, cuz that thing hurts.
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

But having said that, you are absolutely right. My constructive criticism would have been far more useful than my mocking derision. I think online petition are pure idiocy, but the persons behind them certainly may simply not know a better way.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Bethyaga wrote:I think online petition are pure idiocy, but the persons behind them certainly may simply not know a better way.
Oh, absolutely. Like I said; naiveté. :)
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Oh, absolutely. Like I said; naiveté.
I don't know. I think the fact that they are sending it to FASA indicates stupidity. But that could just be me.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

MooCow wrote:
Oh, absolutely. Like I said; naiveté.
I don't know. I think the fact that they are sending it to FASA indicates stupidity. But that could just be me.
FASA Interactive is still around, isn't it, as a part of Microsoft? Isn't that the party that holds the rights to a Shadowrun computer game?
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Could be. It says "FASA", not "FASA Interactive" which are clearly two seperate entities. Though I suppose they could just not know the difference. Whatever. I don't care. Video games suck. ;)
Adam

Post by Adam »

FASA Interactive no longer exists. FASA Corporation exists [they still own Earthdawn and some other properties]. FASA Studios exists as a division of Microsoft.
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

While I'm eager to see what game was cooked up under the SR name, you've gotta admit that stealth action games have gone a long way since the early 90s. If anything, I'm afraid that it'll be subpar.

Now a SR MMORPG...that might be interesting.
"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing left to pursue." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

ak404 wrote:Now a SR MMORPG...that might be interesting.
If they manage to figure out what no other MMORPG has figured out; how to make a game that's not combat oriented, and still interesting enough to appeal to enough people to make the project economically viable.
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

Which reminds me, Deev. Have you seen the multiplayer on the new Splinter Cell game? Shadowrunners versus security. Heheh.
"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing left to pursue." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

The level of customization of NPCs would have to increase hugely, but if they could produce an MMORPG where you have the ability to create a 'character' that can create quests, essentially layout the enemies and goals of a run, indicate what factions success or failure affects, etc, it would be quite cool.

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

The level of customization of NPCs would have to increase hugely, but if they could produce an MMORPG where you have the ability to create a 'character' that can create quests, essentially layout the enemies and goals of a run, indicate what factions success or failure affects, etc, it would be quite cool.
We'll get there, probably sooner rather then later. From what little I've seen of Neverwinter Nights I think you could consider it the early stages of that type of game.

I'm patiently waiting for a network friendly game that lets me design an adventure in a custom world that my players can then go play in. My understanding of NWN is that it has this capability, though still a bit crude for my tastes. I want to be able to override the designed adventure, and make changes quickley.
Last edited by MooCow on Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Yeah, NWN is a good start, but its so unweildy and from what I've heard the ratio of time to create and time to play is so huge that it simply isn't worth it for people to make campaigns.

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
Eliahad
Squire of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eliahad »

Yet I'm going to try and do it anyway :) I think the NWN problem is in the Terrain painting and object placing more than anything else. Once that's done it's basically writing the story and putting people into your places.

Yes, scripting can be obnoxious at times, but it has a learning curve like pretty much any other programming lanuage. What's nice about it is that the grammar is the same as C, even if the individual definitions are different.
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

Hah. I can't even get NWN to run on my comp yet. Damned W2K incompatability issues...
CykoSpin
Wuffle Master

Post by CykoSpin »

I loved the Shadowrun SNES game. It was nothing like the RPG, but it was damn fun to play.
_SURPRISE! I don't like you!