[D&D] Campaign Help -- NPC Titles

A forum for discussing all roleplaying games, from Shadowrun to Bunnies and Burrows. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're discussing in the subject line.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

[D&D] Campaign Help -- NPC Titles

Post by MooCow »

I'm working on the details of an Epic Campaign. The basic concept is probably not terribly original, but hopefully it will be fun anyways.

After the last great God's War, in which the universe was almost destroyed, one particular pantheon of gods decided it was best if they did not take a direct hand in things anymore. At the same time, the recognized the need for champions should the forces of darkness rise again (Which they figured was pretty much inevitable). So they chose champions, imbued them with a small touch of cosmic power, gave them some kick ass equipment, and set them to the task of guarding the world. Unfortuantly, not even mortals touched with cosmic power live forever, and so every few generations new champions must be chosen.

Although the new champions will always be related to the original champions by blood, they still must be prove themselves capable of assuming the role. To ensure that new champions are properly trained, tested, equiped, etc, the gods assigned various Demigods to oversee certain roles and tasks in this process. Each of these Demigods has some cool title that relates to what his/her role is.

I'm looking for suggestions for titles and positions for these NPC demigods. As it stands, I have three titles, and 2 additional concepts that need titles.

Bearer of the Seal of Imprisonment: This demigod is responsible for caring for the seal that is used to imprison the Insane God that threatens the whole universe

Watcher of the Path of Fulfillment: This demigod is responsible for tracking the progress of the new champions as the gather the artifacts of light and report their progress back to the gods.

Guardians of the Gates of Destiny: These demigods guard the Gates of Destiny, which are an important test that the champions must pass that will determine what powers and abilities they will come into as they progress.

Untitled concept #1: The demigod who first crafted the weapons the champions must gather. Should anything happen to said weapons, the champions would need to seek this demigod out to have them repaired.

Untitled concept #2: Some kind of seer that can give vague predictions regarding the future course the champions must take, some of the hardships they will encounter, and advice on how to move beyond those hardships.

I'm looking for any suggestions on concepts or titles (preferably in the same form as above). I don't neccesarily need concepts to be matched with titles. If you have an idea for a cool sounding title, but no idea how it might fit into my campaign, let me have it anyways. Chances are it'll spark an idea of just what that individual(s) does.

Thanks for your suggestions. :)
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Creator of the Instruments of Succession

Seer of the Ways of Time

Brain doesn't seem to want to shift into independant creativity mode today, so no more help for now :)

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Untitled Concept 1

Lightforger
Truthweaver
Dreamcrafter
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

Very nice, thank you both. *MooCow's brain starts spinning with new ideas*

That's why I love about this place. Yell "I need ideas" and you'll be swamped with good ones before you know it.

Anyone have anymore? :D
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
Patience
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Patience »

Untitled concept #2: Some kind of seer that can give vague predictions regarding the future course the champions must take, some of the hardships they will encounter, and advice on how to move beyond those hardships.
*namehere* the Longsighted
Guardian Temporal
_
<b>Thorn said:</b> Patience really does rock!!
<b>CykoSpin said:</b> Every time I see Patience (that is, a post by Patience), I think of the Iron Maiden song "Can I Play With Madness". I don't really know why, though; for whatever reason, I just do.
lordhellion
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by lordhellion »

I've always been a big fan of making sure that the players see that the world is built to operate on a level that doesn't always directly involve them, so here's some ideas to ponder.

Ward of the Path of Order: Demigod charged with making sure that the pieces of reality fit back together after the near destruction of the Universe. The catastrophy left many holes in reality, and it's his duty to find the incongruencies and fix them.

Voice of the Heart of Champions: A demigod advisor who appears to the champions when thier arduous task of defending the realm begins to deaden them to the world around them. The Voice reminds them that thier actions have real consequences in the lives of the common folk and to be wary of them.
_No one was ever put in a history book for being a great conformist.
MooCow
Orbital Cow Gunner

Post by MooCow »

LH, those are really nice. Especially the first one, I can really fit someone like that in. But.... do I get in trouble if I name him "Sam Becket"? :D
_
Cain is a Whore
Instant Cash is a Slut
lordhellion
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by lordhellion »

Fears castration for not getting the reference.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

smacks LH with the metal fan

Quantum Leap. And if you say you are too young to remember that, I'm going to smack you again. :)

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
Meow
Tasty Human

Post by Meow »

Untitled concept 2
Watcher over the Possible?
lordhellion
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by lordhellion »

Rubs head where the fan hit

Oh, okay. I just haven't watch Quantum Leap in about four years--forgot what the cat's name was. I get it. Now lemme alone.