Aww YEAH!

A forum for discussing all roleplaying games, from Shadowrun to Bunnies and Burrows. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're discussing in the subject line.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Aww YEAH!

Post by Cazmonster »

My book is coming out, and soon.

The Book of Exalted Deeds is so going to be mine. Heck, I'm getting a little misty as it is now.

Aww Yeah!
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

Calm down, O Crazy One. It's just another d20 supplement. Think GURPS: The NExt Generation.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Dude, it's the Book of Exalted Deeds! It is truly the stuff of life for all good and noble beings. It's more than a supplement, it's swinging the balance back toward the heroic in an all too dark world.

And it's a way for my paladins and clerics to whup the living crap out of demons, devils and dragons. MungoJoy!
Adam
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Adam »

Well, let's hope they don't make it lame like the BoVD. Fetishes and addictions lumped under the same category - feh.

[Disclaimer: I haven't read all of the BoVD, but fetishes and addictions being put in the same category of "Bad Things" is enough for me to call it lame.]
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

Frankly, I was more offended by the spell in Dragon that impregnated your character (male or female) with demon seed than anything presented in the BoVD.
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

Oh, let's face it. D&D's handling of good versus evil is rarely what could be called 'mature'.
__
Jeff Hauze: Wow. I think Jestyr just fucking kicked my ass.
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Jestyr wrote:Oh, let's face it. D&D's handling of good versus evil is rarely what could be called 'mature'.

Because good's stoopid!
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Want challenge? Writing a book about people who strive for perfect balance...
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Cash wrote:
Jestyr wrote:Oh, let's face it. D&D's handling of good versus evil is rarely what could be called 'mature'.

Because good's stoopid!
FighterMonster sword-chucks Cash into wee itsy bitsy pieces.

Good, bad, I'm the one with the sword-chucks.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

YAY! 8-bit reference!
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
BaronJ
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by BaronJ »

Cash wrote:Because good's stoopid!
No, no, no...
Mel Brooks (aka Dark Helmet) wrote:Evil will always triumph because good is dumb!
BaronJ

Doctor Steel for World Emperor
http://doctorsteel.com
ak404
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by ak404 »

I'd have to agree with this. D&D's alignment system seems to have problems comprehending such concepts such as the "there's no such thing as a LG government" cynicism, or why an assassin working for her government could be considered good or even neutral instead of downright evil (though targeting people for cause and pay, is what a government-sponsored assassin does, is considerably a better option than sending 10,000 soldiers to die at dawn for the same cause, which is considered good. I don't get it).

I'd also argue that their handling of 'good', 'evil', 'law', and 'chaos' are extremely nationalistic, violent, one-sided, racist, heavily dipped in class politics, and just dripping with Christian overtones (despite protests to the contrary, which is quite funny when you consider that the creators of D&D and right-wing Christians are more or less in the same boat).
"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing left to pursue." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Ratoslov
Tasty Human

Post by Ratoslov »

I, actually, am hoping there will be the same mature look at good as the BoVD looked at evil. I want full-page pictures of a silver dragon coupling with an elf, and feats which can only be gotten though having sexual intercourse with the corpse of a saint.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

BaronJ wrote:
Mel Brooks (aka Dark Helmet) wrote:Evil will always triumph because good is dumb!
No, no, no...