[SR] Lone Star or Anyone wanna make some cash?

A forum for discussing all roleplaying games, from Shadowrun to Bunnies and Burrows. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're discussing in the subject line.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

[SR] Lone Star or Anyone wanna make some cash?

Post by Gunny »

okay, to anyone who has the Lone Star book, I'd like to make you an offer. no no, not to buy the book, but to borrow your time.

here's what I propose. you (the owner of the Lone Star book) make me a copy of that book (cover to cover), mail it to me and I'll pay you $15 for your time/copying paper and cover the shipping cost. or, scan the book (cover to cover), save it in .pdf (or anything else printer friendly), email it to Daki and I'll pay you $15 for your time and computer usage.

here's the specifics:
-the covers (front & back) be done in color
-/every/ page printed/scanned
-scans/photocopies are legible
-scans not altered unless fixing problem spots or came out too large/small for printing purposes

I can mail you a money order, paypal you, send you a western union... I'm pretty damn flexable on how to send money.

any takers?
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
Adam
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Adam »

You realize that you could just connect to a file sharing service and steal the book as opposed to paying something and stealing the book at the same time?
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

Daki has been trying to find it for a couple weeks now with no success. if I could do the searching, I would since I wouldn't have to divide my time between work and search.

:(
<center><b><font size=1><font color="#FF9900">"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim</font></font></b></center>
Jackal
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Jackal »

I'll look to see if I can find you a copy that's either a reasonable price or a pdf version. I have the book but it's old and in poor condition and I don't really want to subject it to the riggers of being scanned page by page. (They tend to fall apart when you have to break the spine at every page.)
_
“Logic merely enables one to be wrong with authority.”
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

thanks Jackal, I appreciate the help.
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

I'd be morally outraged at this, if the damn book wasn't so hard to find.

I dinnae think a .pdf copy exists, though.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

and why would you be morally outraged?
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

Because it's theft.
__
Jeff Hauze: Wow. I think Jestyr just fucking kicked my ass.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

true enough. ah well. :)

hell, I think right now I'd settle for a handful of well made Lone Star archetypes. would you believe I'm having a hard time trying to find those too!?
Jestyr
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Jestyr »

Well, you won't find them in that book... :)

(Honestly, a granny with a shopping bag could knock down one of the LS officers from the book. I don't have it handy to check, but they're really quite crap.)
__
Jeff Hauze: Wow. I think Jestyr just fucking kicked my ass.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

really!? damn. it's been ages since I leafed through a LS book. well, it looks like my luck has turned for the better. I FINALLY found a LS archetype!!! YAY ME!!!
Adam
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Adam »

Gunny wrote:hell, I think right now I'd settle for a handful of well made Lone Star archetypes. would you believe I'm having a hard time trying to find those too!?
New Seattle.
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

:wideeyes

that's why he's Adam /Fucking/ Jury.

*grovel*
Nexusvoid
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Nexusvoid »

Jestyr wrote:(Honestly, a granny with a shopping bag could knock down one of the LS officers from the book. I don't have it handy to check, but they're really quite crap.)
Nuh-uh! They carry burst-fire pistols, after all! :wideeyes
_
FlakJacket
Orbital Cow Private

Post by FlakJacket »

Yay. Now you too can effectively be able to take only four shots/bursts before having to stop and reload your weapon. Fun! Think I'll stick to my Manhunter thanks. :)
The 86 Rules of Boozing

75. Beer makes you mellow, champagne makes you silly, wine makes you dramatic, tequila makes you felonious.
Jackal
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Jackal »

New Seattle and State of the Art: 2063 (kudos to all the authors) both cover pretty much everything you need for security teams and systems. I’ve yet to find a PDF of Lone Star and all the copies I’ve seen of it are selling for $45 and up which in my opinion is simply criminal. ;)
_
“Logic merely enables one to be wrong with authority.”
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

thanks for your help Jackal. :)

I think I'll just keep with the info for Lone Star that's provided in the SR3 series. it doesn't seem to be worth the money to buy the SR2 source book.
Daki
No-Life Loser

Post by Daki »

Nexusvoid wrote:
Jestyr wrote:(Honestly, a granny with a shopping bag could knock down one of the LS officers from the book. I don't have it handy to check, but they're really quite crap.)
Nuh-uh! They carry burst-fire pistols, after all! :wideeyes
What if they are Muslim granny? They carry machine guns after all. :)
Toryu
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Toryu »

Gunny, Daki:

I happen to have the Lone Star SB in .doc format, file size around 2.5 mb. If you're interested, just shoot me your email addy.
"What is it about blogs, forums and LiveJournal that just invite stupid fights, Davan? Is acting like an ass a clause in the user agreement?"
Gunny
SMITE!™ Grand Master

Post by Gunny »

thanks to all who helped me with my Lone Star dilema. I now have all the data I need.

:)