Query: a How to guide anyone?

A forum for discussing all roleplaying games, from Shadowrun to Bunnies and Burrows. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're discussing in the subject line.
Ka0s 0verdrive
Bulldrek Pimp

Query: a How to guide anyone?

Post by Ka0s 0verdrive »

I've been wondering, are there any set rules of conduct for PB3's? How does it work? Anyone know? Anyone Care? :crack
<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="100%" height="90" src="http://www.winternightex.com/Stuff/kaos ... "></iframe>
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Given that the individual rules differ from game to game, it's best to ask your GM what rules of conduct he or she favors.
Ka0s 0verdrive
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Ka0s 0verdrive »

:crack

what i meant to say was: how does it get done? like how do actions and sh*t get resolved... obviously, since not everyone's talking at the same time, it's not like IRC gamming or Table Top, but then how?
<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="100%" height="90" src="http://www.winternightex.com/Stuff/kaos ... "></iframe>
Olibarro
Tasty Human

Post by Olibarro »

The GM generally makes stuff up. Often, the GM will tell you he's rolling dice, and sometimes he really will be. But mostly, the GM makes a call based on the situation and the information available. It's not random or arbitrary--the GM is guided by the actions of the players, but often, it's just a judgement call.

I've occasionally used dice for really close calls in PBeM games, but mostly I just wing it.
_God does not play dice with the universe.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Thinking of it as one long threaded novel usually helps. It's less like roleplaying and more like writing, really. At least, the way we've done it so far. Your GM may not choose to do it that way.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Ka0s, I have one excellent suggestion: Go to different games in "Game's the thing" forum or go to pub11 bulldrek games and read the games, to see how things are done.

You may be fasicnated by the result.
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.